Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Party Animals

Originally posted by vicman

i still think they look tacky. cit should have come up with something else. there are plenty of artists in the city that could have had some input into this.

They're no more tacky than that 100 foot phallic symbol at the end of The Mall.

It's public art. I've never seen public art that wasn't tacky. You stick a piece of art on a sidewalk, and of course it looks like it doesn't belong. But it's fun. A nice diversion from a boring day. And I think the elephants and donkeys are perfect in symbolizing DC. And they're soooooo cute, too. :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

They're no more tacky than that 100 foot phallic symbol at the end of The Mall.

It's public art. I've never seen public art that wasn't tacky. You stick a piece of art on a sidewalk, and of course it looks like it doesn't belong. But it's fun. A nice diversion from a boring day. And I think the elephants and donkeys are perfect in symbolizing DC. And they're soooooo cute, too. :D

RIGHT ON SHADY!!!!

Save the Elephants and Donkeys!!

I wish there was one on every corner in every city. I wish I had one out front of the house. Put him right next to the lawn jocky. Cause I love those things too.

Originally posted by therunner

RIGHT ON SHADY!!!!

Save the Elephants and Donkeys!!

I wish there was one on every corner in every city. I wish I had one out front of the house. Put him right next to the lawn jocky. Cause I love those things too.

The exhibit ends in October, and they're auctioning off the Elephants and Donkeys then. I'm gonna try to save some money and see if I can come close to buying one. That would be so cool.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

The exhibit ends in October, and they're auctioning off the Elephants and Donkeys then. I'm gonna try to save some money and see if I can come close to buying one. That would be so cool.

I think I said this before but here goes again...There is a town in southern germany that had these crazy looking birds everywhere. They are really nasty looking birds that stand on long sticks and are really rounded, kinda like a dove or something. But they had them placed all along the city and they were sponsored by someone or a business or something like that, and at the end of the showing of them they gave them back to the sponsors and they either auctioned them off, kept them, or gave them away. But some of these birds went for around 5,000eur a few more a few less. But i think the average was 2,500eur. I have a fealing that the donkeys and elephants will go for way more than that.

When i was in Ghent, Belgium few years back, i saw on the street standing a 30 foot tall nakid cyclops....very cool and very rendom......also everywhere on the streets around town their were little cement turtles on the ground holding up street signs....