Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone know the mechanics of a turntable? :(

things were going too well I guess...

My on/off knob (the round one) on one of my tables broke... the black top piece somehow came off is this just a matter off heating/sodering back to the insdie or did something break or what?

I'm really upset about this tell me I don't have to figure out a way for me to get my Jersey, car-less ass to bring it to get fixed..

when I look at it with the black top piece off, there is a cylynder center (that matches up against the end of the black piece) and there are two thin white little rings (that maybe bonded the black top to the metal part???) arghhhh so I have to wait days to spin again....

Originally posted by snoozi8

when I look at it with the black top piece off, there is a cylynder center (that matches up against the end of the black piece) and there are two thin white little rings (that maybe bonded the black top to the metal part???) arghhhh so I have to wait days to spin again....

the only way to fix it is to hire a professional technician to fix it for you. someone skilled and competent. someone like me. $150 an hour. gimme a call.

I think the spring or whatever ran up through the black piece broke no I can't turn it on it sucks

I paid $150 for my used mixer that's a dream.... I'm not paying someone that much to fix a knob thanks anyway

Originally posted by snoozi8

I think the spring or whatever ran up through the black piece broke no I can't turn it on it sucks

I paid $150 for my used mixer that's a dream.... I'm not paying someone that much to fix a knob thanks anyway

hahahah if someone ever charges u a buck fifty to replace it, the knob better be made of gold w/ fucking diamonds on it or some shit. :laugh:

turntable lab is the coolest little shop for dj gear and advice and parts. needles, replacement tone arms, you name it. and they only carry the best. and the folks there are top-notch -- and all are dj's as well. give 'em a call they might help you out (they still believe in the crazy old-world philosophy that if you're nice to someone one day they might be a customer the next - go figure!)

www.turntablelab.com

http://www.turntablelab.com/index-newfront/store.html

120 east 7th street

as long as the little half circle cylcinder that fits inside of the black cover hasnt sunk into the switch then your in the clear. If it has then your gonna have to take your turntable apart which is pretty easy. All you have to do is just put the round black switch cover back on with some sort of adhesive. I would recommend a light dab of super glue. Try not to put too much on cause the half circle cylinder isnt that big and excess glue will drip into the switch and that could mean more work for you. Ive fixed turntables and they are pretty easy to mess with as long as your confident in what your doing. If not well bring it into PSEUDO and I will be able to help you. Good Luck -Ken