Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hitting the Bedrock hard

meng

I went to the beach yesterday with a couple of friends and parked right in front of Grooveman so I was thinking….well when I get out of the beach I’ll stop by the store real quick and see what they have…..I didn’t have much time after the beach but as soon as I walked in I found a gold mine of records. And as usual(for me) most were on bedrock label. I bought both double packs of Chris Fortier’s bedrock mix…I also picked up the Evolution track that’s also on Bedrock and also has a Bedrock dub on the flipside of it. I forgot the name of the song but it has a girl singing and the record sleeve is colored like fire or flames…..and I also picked up the Dave Seaman GU triple pack...new records kick ass!

Have you guys heard these yet? What do you think?

great Fawkin' track

dude, I just wanted to check it out real quick before I decided to buy it and it only took about 2 seconds of the needle being on the record for me to realize that this record has to be out of hand!..I haven't really heard the whole thing yet.....

Originally posted by meng

dude, I just wanted to check it out real quick before I decided to buy it and it only took about 2 seconds of the needle being on the record for me to realize that this record has to be out of hand!..I haven't really heard the whole thing yet.....

great track, nice female vocals.....i have been meaning to pick that up on vinyl too, just never got around to it....:(

yes that track is called walking on fire by evolution feat. jayn hanna on vocals :D edgar ripped shit up on thurs morning .. but actually rolly has been kickin that track for about 4 months now.. ASK SOBETON HOW KOKY GETS @ SPACE WHEN THE SPIN THAT TRACK !! OUTTA CONTROL !!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by meng

I went to the beach yesterday with a couple of friends and parked right in front of Grooveman so I was thinking….well when I get out of the beach I’ll stop by the store real quick and see what they have…..I didn’t have much time after the beach but as soon as I walked in I found a gold mine of records. And as usual(for me) most were on bedrock label. I bought both double packs of Chris Fortier’s bedrock mix…I also picked up the Evolution track that’s also on Bedrock and also has a Bedrock dub on the flipside of it. I forgot the name of the song but it has a girl singing and the record sleeve is colored like fire or flames…..and I also picked up the Dave Seaman GU triple pack...new records kick ass!

Have you guys heard these yet? What do you think?

The Bedrock is pretty sweet......I was surprised, I wasn't expecting that much. I like it while driving late at night.

So you picked up the 3CD GU? I picked up the small slipcase several weeks ago, because I was sick of waiting for the long box. How is the bonus CD? What's on it, the famous video footage of Dave Seaman breakdancing?? hehe I like the CD - it doesn't really play like your normal Seaman GU/Renaissance comp. I like the ambient opening to CD1.....I dunno, CD1 just has a different flow than I am used to, somehow. Same with CD2......and those breaks-y tracks near the end are quite beautiful........Lamb - "What Sound" is like Gorecki Pt. 2....I wasn't aware Lamb had a new album out. I guess it hasn't gotten a domestic release.

I may go to the Beach shops tonight myself.........I would love to find that 3CD Tom Middleton mix waiting for me, but I probably won't.

This is what I've bought lately:

-Orbital - Back To Mine: not at all what I expected, but actually quite good once you get past the sheer absurdity of it all. It's got the Severed Heads, this trippy Far East-ish track from Falguni Pathak, someone I've never heard of.......PJ Harvey, Tangerine Dream, and..........Jethro Tull if you can believe it. It's also got these freaky Poltergeist samples floating through it, I don't know what's up with that, but I remember that movie scaring the hell out of me back in the 80s.

Doves - The Last Broadcast: best pure catchy sing-along rock 'n roll since Oasis in its heyday. A damn good album, in my opinion, and the bonus CD is every bit as good.

Journeys By DJ - Coldcut: I missed this one the first time around, it's been re-released and touted as the best DJ mix CD ever.......while I wouldn't go that far it's very diverse and interesting. hiphop, jungle, ambient, techno......it's all there, I wish more DJs would make even 1/4 of this kind of effort to program such a diverse track selection.

Felix Da Housecat - Excursions: Another great, diverse mix. new wave, techno, house, Prince-ish soul......Still kicking myself for not seeing this man at the WMC.

Goldenboy with Miss Kittin - Or: "Rippin' Kittin" is one of the best tracks I've heard this year.

So you picked up the 3CD GU?

nah dude, I picked up the 3 pack vynil for spinning purposes. ;)

Journeys By DJ - Coldcut: I missed this one the first time around, it's been re-released and touted as the best DJ mix CD ever.......while I wouldn't go that far it's very diverse and interesting. hiphop, jungle, ambient, techno......it's all there, I wish more DJs would make even 1/4 of this kind of effort to program such a diverse track selection.

DJFX introduced me to that mixed CD and it is absolutely a piece of work and could very well be one of the best mixed Cd's ever.

My favorite mix CD is still The Chemical Brothers' "Brothers Gonna Work It Out"........not ONE other mixed CD I have heard comes close to this as far as programming and track selection and genre bending.......

I'm fucking pissed now though...one of the tracks on the Chris Fortier compilation is fucking skipping and it's too late to return it(and it's a bad-ass motherfucking track).... :(

well how about that...I emailed bedrock about the skipping record which grooveman would not return and chris fortier himself replied saying he'd try to get grooveman to return it and if not to send the skipping record to him directly for a fresh copy......gotta love that.... :)