Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets put it to a vote, should Space get a new Patio Dj?

Guest saleen351

What should Space do with the patio?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should Space do with the patio?

• Yes, and get a new resident
    • No, leave things the way they are
    • Get guest djs every week - non local talent
    • Guest djs - local talent only
    • Guest djs - a mix of local and non local talent

A REAL Dj knows how to read a crowd, and more importantly, how to LEAD a crowd. I think the major failure of most of these clubs is that they try to dictate a mood for the spot, before they see what people are into, by booking a Dj that plays a specific genre. That's cool for big names, because people come to the club just for those Dj's. But outback needs to be diverse.

AND NOW FOR MY SHAMELESS PLUG OF MY FAVORITE DJ: STRYKE...

Anyone who has been around the South Florida Dance Scene for a while, and has heard Stryke spin a few times, knows the wide spectrum of his abilities. Most newbies think Stryke is synonymous with "Techno." Not true. He plays and produces tracks from progressive, to ambient, to electro, and yes, TECHNO. All in all, I highly recommend Stryke for the patio. You'll never know if you don't try.

ANOTHER SHAMELESS PLUG...

If you want to get a taste of his diversity, you can go to specs on the beach and ask for anything by Stryke. It's probably best to get "Pages From the Blue Diary."

L8R

p.s.

Long live Bugaloo King and the stretcher!

Originally posted by biznation00

Plays detroit Techno Style- don't think he would be considered in the patio. He rocks, but he's beyond way too hard for that room...

Come on people, think Sunrise here... You need a more downtempo vibe out there without losing the energy...

you crazy he would destroy the patio; his sound is perfect. gotta set of his from crobar; the beats are sick. we don't what to induce sleep, for the peeps on the patio..:D

Originally posted by sobeton

you crazy he would destroy the patio; his sound is perfect. gotta set of his from crobar; the beats are sick. we don't what to induce sleep, for the peeps on the patio..:D

that maybe true...but i think what biz means, is chillin sunrising house....not crazy a tearing the roof off the place (remember patio has no roof)....u can keep that crazy destruction music inside the blue room....the patio offers chillin relaxing house, which is fine....but ivano is playing "bedtime" sounding house....:zzz:

u can have chillin laid back house, that u can move to....ivano just doesnt do it anymore.....:(

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

that maybe true...but i think what biz means, is chillin sunrising house....not crazy a tearing the roof off the place (remember patio has no roof)....u can keep that crazy destruction music inside the blue room....the patio offers chillin relaxing house, which is fine....but ivano is playing "bedtime" sounding house....:zzz:

u can have chillin laid back house, that u can move to....ivano just doesnt do it anymore.....:(

look Jesse mind your damn business. your boy DJ Scribbles isn't taking over the patio. :D seriously yo Aquaviva can throw down, some serious down tempo shiznt.. "destruction music" thats the best type. :laugh:

Id hate to say it, but Id rather hear Dribbles out there then Ivano, atleast he would constantly switch it up, not play the same set every week.

I think the #'s on this poll speak for themselves, 2 out of how many, said leave Bellini.

Also, if you go out on that patio and ask 20 people, 10 of them will say Ivano who, like I said earlier, half those people out there in the morning don't have a clue whats going on.

Originally posted by sobeton

look Jesse mind your damn business. your boy DJ Scribbles isn't taking over the patio. :D seriously yo Aquaviva can throw down, some serious down tempo shiznt.. "destruction music" thats the best type. :laugh:

:laugh: ...for ur info., TONY, i have alot of pull at Space...and Skribbles has been confirmed and he will be doing "TRL: Sunrise Sessions with Carson Daley" on the patio....:finger:

I cant believe im actually reading this post. You guys are turning your back on bellini way too fast!!! I mean cmon, i dont know how long you guys have been hangin in the patio, but i personally have seen ivano turn a rain storm outside, into a crowd of peeps jumping in the water like 6 year olds. As for him playing the same set, its probably cuz soo many people request him to play the tracks that he started playing before anyone else!!! Do any of you guys remember billie jean, what about jimi hendrix version of the star spangled banner the week after 9-11!!! Dont get me wrong, im all for changing it up with guest dj's n all, but you cant deny ivano's spot at space!!!! My vote for guest dj's serving up the sunrise session....

how about STEVE LAWLER???? This motha tears up the real patio at the original space!!!!

2. Jimmy Toural- this would be VERY interesting no doubt!!!

3. Cedric could fill in every once in a while

4. John Creamer would have no troube rockin the place!!! Ivano plays most of his tracks anyway!!!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by saleen351

lets vote

I say local talent only....

for a few reasons:

They know what we like

They are our friends and we would support them

and we could get comps and unreleased tracks from them:D

They'll take our requests

C.P. Meetups

etc.... let the big boys play the main room and let south florida locals tear up the patio...

makes sense to me...............

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE FOR SURE!!!!:)

the dj that really fit the vibe and flow of what that patio should be like was kelvin andrews july 4th 2001 at the bliss party. that was possibly one of the best, if not the best set i've ever heard. bring kelvin back!

also, i'd love to hear sasha out there in the morning. sunrise, some of that floaty trippy shit he's been known to throw down.

in terms of local talent, you can't do any better than stryke. his old sets on the patio at the edge were incredible. him and daydreamin + ken coleman.

The most amazing patio set I have even been to was at Space!!

Space you say. Yes Space. However it was the original Space in Ibiza. It was for Carl Cox's b-day party. The DJ. Laurant Garnier!!! The patio there should hold about 1500. There were about 2000 people crammed in there going out of their brains. People were crying, I felt a tear or two. WOW. It was one of the only "amazing" events I experienced in Ibiza. Most the others were too commercial. Although dc-10 was my overall fun spot.

Now, In regards to the Space patio. I think Ivano Bellini is a very good mixer and for what he does, he does very well. Props to him and his success. The problem is he does only that on the patio. He may change up some songs but by adding those same weekend hits he plays it becomes too much the same and I can't go there. I went again about 3 weeks ago and there were those same songs again. Now I am a promoter and I understand the importance of consistency, however, the patio in the morning is the only game in town and with that, and space being a club that supposed to understand trends not only in Miami, why are they not taking advantage of perfect education time. You could play so many different types of music, teach your customers more styles that could open up the big rooms in the future to these new sounds.

Its sound, sound is one of your senses. Do you want to eat the same food over and over?

No, also, Space has invested alot of money in Ivanno and they know what they are doing. I do wonder though if they know that the patio is still rockin now but when the masses feel its stale, the leave quick. When that happens, no club has time to fix it. Its too late. I hope Space would open itself up to say a monthly guest to change it up and keep it from getting stale. This guest should play the sunrise set, not just open. Then I would definetely go more often. Hey, I work Saurday nights and I live 6 blocks away from Space. I would love to see DHM, Boomerang or one of our Saturday night guests tear it REAL HOUSE music stylee, the way Laurant did it in Ibiza (of course Laurant is in a class all by himself)

We all know that Luis does what HE feels is best for his club. That is why it is still there and rockin'. The man works hard as hell. I would love it if he could step out of the box for just one moment and consider some other peoples qualified suggestions. He will still do what he wants, and I give him so much props to sticking to his guns, Sometimes a different weapon is needed in battle. I had a m-16 AND a bayonet when I was in the Army. Maybe Space will some day need another weapon and if it not there, it will be too late.

NOTE: not confirmed but the Sunday night/ Monday morning during Labor day, DHM will be opening for Ivano on the patio. Granted, its not the sunrise set that we are writing about, it is, however, a start. Support DHM for that gig, only of course if you support us first that weekend at the home of DHM, dirty little funky thing # LOLA. Just kidding, just support great music!!!

I recently had the pleasure of passing by RAIN after my set at Lola (SOTU Record Launch Party) to see both Frank (Phrankadelic) and DHM spin. I must say that I was highly impressed by both and it was somewhat hard going back to my party considering that the sounds were awesome. I wanted so much to merge both parties but you know how club owners are when it comes to their so called "competition".

Why can't they see things through the DJ's eyes.

Shame to think that $$$$MONEY$$$$ has corrupted their insight on things.

attachment.php?s=&postid=983899