Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Visiting Miami> What are the best dance clubs in Area?

max3

Originally posted by pod

A fish without a bicycle.

Well I get the picture anyway.:) I checked out your pics and see you have talent.:cool:

What kind of camera, film, and /or accessories do you use?

Thanks! :)

I have a Pentax ZX-5n for my nightlife stuff..simple and reliable..standard 28-80 zoom, Sigma EF-500 tilt/swivel flash..

I usually use Kodak 160VC film, or Fuji Superia 400...a very good stock.

Going digital soon though, a Nikon D-100 is in the works...

Well I was away. I'm back. But cool, nice equipment. My first camera was a Pentax(K1000). Now I have a nikon FM2 with 28-200 Tokina zoom, 60mm micro-nikkor lens, and a toshiba E-40 strobe, etc. I collected all these other old manual cameras too and have them stored away for play someday.

I have some experience with digital cameras, and find they have some limits compared to film cameras, like picture quality, focal length options, etc. So that's why I'm still using my nikon.

But I am considering getting one of the high megapixel digital cameras with zoom, but have to save up for it. So if you know, what are the good features of the nikon digital cam you want to get?

As back

Originally posted by pod

Thanks! :)

I have a Pentax ZX-5n for my nightlife stuff..simple and reliable..standard 28-80 zoom, Sigma EF-500 tilt/swivel flash..

I usually use Kodak 160VC film, or Fuji Superia 400...a very good stock.

Going digital soon though, a Nikon D-100 is in the works...

The D100 is a digital SLR. F100 chassis with digital guts. The main feature I dig is the 6.3 MP CCD. That is enough resolution to generate a respectable 11 x 14 print...natively...obviously for larger sizes, use a LightJet or Genuine Fractals.

Plus, it does TIFF files internally, so I can do a TIFF for those 'killer' shots, and just plain hi-res JPEG for the standard fare. Multiple colour spaces too, 2 sRGB and Adobe RGB. sRGB is great for web use, Adobe is preferred for print.

ISO from 200-1600, or higher if you switch on ISO-boost, which enables up to 6400 equivalent. Obviously 6400 is noisy as hell!

Oh and did I mention the kit (body, charger, battery, strap, cables) is only $2,000? Compare to a D1X which is $4000 on average...

Overall, you can get fitted with a D100, good Nikkor D-series lens, Speedlite, Microdrive, and extended battery pack for like $2,500.

My only bitch with the D100 is the USB 1 connection...should be firewire or USB 2.0...those files are huge, and I don't wanna wait to upload them to my system.

You can use your old-school cable releases too, the release socket is a mechanical system :)

Nikon D100 review here on this site.

Guest saleen351

Photo bitches cluttering up the board again....:D

POD are you gonna hit me up with those level pics?

Originally posted by aphexzinx

MAX WHAT the hell u doing here in mami ! STAY WITH US IN NYC!

oh and i have a Canon EOS elane 2E . lol :D

What am I doin here??? I should ask, "What are you doin here?" Are you like my parole officer?:laugh: ....who caught me straying out of my boundaries:laugh:

Well I'm just exploring the good clubs around the country; and I have some relatives in Miami that I may be visiting this year sometime. So it's good to know the hotspots in the area.

Ok Freddy(actin like the Kreuger):tongue: . An hey, nice equipment: I have a old Canon camera too. I think they're among the best. Do you take it to the club anytime for pix?

Anyway, it's OK, no need to try to reel me back in.;)