Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Windows 2000 Help!

Okay, I have been getting really annoyed with my computer. I am trying to format my entire hard drive and start from scratch.

Now, I am a newbie with Windows 2000 and I have no clue how to do this. I know how to do everything with Windows 98.

1) I am looking for a Windows 2000 startup disk. (from what I understand, i can run ms-dos with this disk).

2) If anyone knows how to restart the computer in MS-Dos mode, please tell me!

3) If anyone has any instructions that could help me out, I would totally appreciate it.

This stupid O/S has been driving me crazy!

BTW, another problem I am having with making this startup disk is that I can't do it through my control panel. When I double click on add/remove programs, no menu shows up at all. I know that I could create a startup disk through there but I just can't get to that menu. If anyone knows what files need to be extracted to the disk or where I can download the disk from please tell me.

Thanks in advance!

~Chris

The Windows 2000 CD is bootable. That's your startup disk. You can also press F8 (or whatever it is) at startup for more boot options. :aright:

Personally I think Win2K is by far the best OS I've ever used. Programs might crash, but the OS just keeps chugging along... :D

Just make sure to use NTFS, not FAT32.

if the setup doesn't start right away when you boot up, then you must be using a cracked copy of 2k. that was my problem at first, then i got a diff. cracked copy which was burned correctly, so the setup would start. but if you want to make startup disks (win 2k has 4) put a disk in the a drive, right click on a drive icon in my computer and choose format disk. there (should be) an option saying make startup disk. i could be wrong cuz i have not done in a while, but yea i'm on 2k, forget that xp shit.

one other thing you may want to try, look on the cd it's self right click on cd drive choose explore cd from my computer there may be a folder that says "bootdisk" or close to it, it's a dos app. that makes them for you.

fuckin computers man....they a bitch...they make women look like the easiest thing in the world to understand.