Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gut feelings

ok im confused on who actually started this thread. but anyway.

i think geoge, that you should go by whats right for you at the time, and what has more pros then cons for the future. STOP WORRYING!!!! thats my job!!:tongue: :tongue:

Originally posted by destiny779

ok im confused on who actually started this thread. but anyway.

i think geoge, that you should go by whats right for you at the time, and what has more pros then cons for the future. STOP WORRYING!!!! thats my job!!:tongue: :tongue:

Ok , well to answer who started this thread, it was was one those weird threads that began with just a subject field, but no text. I found it on the 3rd page, and wanted to talk about "the gut" :laugh:

------------------------------------EDITED-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------:tongue:----------------------------------

Originally posted by gmccookny

Ok , well to answer who started this thread, it was was one those weird threads that began with just a subject field, but no text. I found it on the 3rd page, and wanted to talk about "the gut" :laugh:

But back to Destiny... yeah, im still worrying. Now today, she didn't email me yet, and im wondering, maybe i should have waited till friday to call. I mean, i was here at work, it was slow, plus the time difference is more favorable if i call her from work.

But then again, i got her in the lobby (they prolly paged her :rolleyes:-), and she hasn't emailed me yet.

Does she not care anymore (:cry:-), or am i just crazy:confused:

hun you're crazy :tongue: seriously though you gotta understand shes on VACATION , its not bad that you called but just because she hasnt emailed you, doesnt mean that she wants to talk to you, shes probably busy, dont stress, relax and take it slow. good things come to those who are PATIENT:D

But back to Destiny... yeah, im still worrying. Now today, she didn't email me yet, and im wondering, maybe i should have waited till friday to call. I mean, i was here at work, it was slow, plus the time difference is more favorable if i call her from work.

But then again, i got her in the lobby (they prolly paged her :rolleyes:-), and she hasn't emailed me yet.

Does she not care anymore (:cry:-), or am i just crazy:confused:

hun you're crazy :tongue: seriously though you gotta understand shes on VACATION , its not bad that you called but just because she hasnt emailed you, doesnt mean that she wants to talk to you, shes probably busy, dont stress, relax and take it slow. good things come to those who are PATIENT:D

Originally posted by destiny779

check your pm's hunny bunch ;)

and by the way, gut feelings work when u have no sense of rationality ;)

Hun I don't really know your situation, however, to just discuss your question from my point of view.. (gets complicated, I dunno how to really explain it over the computer)

Society tells us today to always take a so called "rational" stand point on things.. but then again, what exactly IS rational?? There is no such thing as a rational idea I think it's just an ideal.. afterall.. is any human totally rational?? I think not. Besides.. doesn't a good part of being rational have to do with following some kinda "gut feeling" about something?? They kind of stem from the same thing I think..

People say not to think about a certain thing because it's "irrational" but who are they to know what is really "rational" or "irrational"?? Who is someone else to tell YOU that you're being crazy and thinking so illogically and irrational that you make no sense.

Now obviously sometimes we do think a lil crazy.. but even when we're thinking like this (unless someone has a real psychiatric disorder) most people have that inside gut feeling that they are thinking a lil unrealistically which is why we are so easily convinced back into thinking "rationally". Because we know somewhere inside that how we are behaving is not right.

However, if you think something very strongly, despite what other people say or may expect, there must be a reason for it correct?? Most people don't just make up things outta the blue to worry or stress and be "irrational" about.. something usually stirs up this feeling. You get what I'm saying??

Blahh.. I just read that and it sounds mad confusing.. nevermind.. I'm gonna shut up now.

:hat: :hat: :hat:

IMO, if you really wanted to call her, then you were fine to call her...life's too short to miss out by waiting till the right amount of time goes by...and what is the right amount of time anyways? she prolly has just not logged on yet and will email you back ASAP :) am i right in thinking you are talking about smurfette who is away? i am sure she is missin you right now :)

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

IMO, if you really wanted to call her, then you were fine to call her...life's too short to miss out by waiting till the right amount of time goes by...and what is the right amount of time anyways? she prolly has just not logged on yet and will email you back ASAP :) am i right in thinking you are talking about smurfette who is away? i am sure she is missin you right now :)

WoW, how do you girls know these things :laugh:

She ended up emailing me last night, and though i did not quite understand all her words, at the end she typed "i miss you and think of you often"

So i guess the gut feeling wasn't so bad after all :D

OK, this came to me as i was watching a bird fly by me on the train to the city today:

Gut feelings for us humans are like instinct for animals: we rely on them to provide us with decisions either in a very quick or dire situation, or when rationality does not come in as a factor.

Animals do not have as high an intellect (rationality) as us humans. Therefore, they must rely heavily on instinct (gut-feelings). Whether to perch their nest on one tree or the next could mean the difference btw. life and death sometimes...

So i feel that gut instinct can come in handy in certain situations where rationality is non-existant.

:)

WoW, how do you girls know these things :laugh:

She ended up emailing me last night, and though i did not quite understand all her words, at the end she typed "i miss you and think of you often"

So i guess the gut feeling wasn't so bad after all :D

lol, we all think alike i guess...glad she emailed :)