Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 7/10

weyes

"i've gotta go to the laundromat tonight," i told my co-worker, as we were getting ready to leave work at around 9:15. "but i need to eat something when i get home, and i need to post my 'wisdom of the day' before midnight. that means i really should get on the board before i go, and once i sit down, i'll be all comfy..."

"i've got some wisdom you could put up," he said. "if you tie your shoes, you won't trip."

i recalled the time a few years ago when i tripped and fell down a flight of stairs; my shoelaces had been tied.

"that's not necessarily true," i said.

"ok... how about, don't make a mistake, or you won't be making a mistake - or something like that." and he actually looked just like this smiley ----> :worry:

ummm. well, that's some food for thought :confused: - or not really - maybe it's just a nod to my co-worker, today. yeah.

tune in tomorrow.

Originally posted by weyes

"i've gotta go to the laundromat tonight," i told my co-worker, as we were getting ready to leave work at around 9:15. "but i need to eat something when i get home, and i need to post my 'wisdom of the day' before midnight. that means i really should get on the board before i go, and once i sit down, i'll be all comfy..."

"i've got some wisdom you could put up," he said. "if you tie your shoes, you won't trip."

i recalled the time a few years ago when i tripped and fell down a flight of stairs; my shoelaces had been tied.

"that's not necessarily true," i said.

"ok... how about, don't make a mistake, or you won't be making a mistake - or something like that." and he actually looked just like this smiley ----> :worry:

ummm. well, that's some food for thought :confused: - or not really - maybe it's just a nod to my co-worker, today. yeah.

tune in tomorrow.

Hehehe, now i just wanna :smoke: after hearing that ;)

Originally posted by gmccookny

What the heck is that, vicman :confused:

A crackrock?/?

'

BTW... nice car in your sig... is that the SS Camaro er sumthin?/? My dad had twin '73 mustang convertables, those two babies were swEEt :D

werd, a crackrock..i dunno about the car. i'm proudly car ignorant, its just what king unique have on their website..i think its a vw beetle or somefink...:D

Originally posted by joeygk

You work until 9:15pm........that sucks. Although, I guess it would be kinda cool if you don't have to go into work until 12noon.

i feel more and more connected to owls and i've been marveling at the way i came up with my screenname these days. i didn't think about owls when i came up with it, although they are my favorite animal. and, of course, i wasn't putting on airs when i came up with it; being wiser is something to work at everyday, and it is through observation that one has the opportunity to gain wisdom (eyes are just a very simple way to signify the way to observe - even though it's not the only way - and working that into w-eyes just seemed to say it all).

but i am a total night owl, joey. i've always had some serious insomnia, for as long as i can remember; i literally mean for as long as i can remember. when i was little i used to call for my parents so much that, after getting angry at me for calling so much, they just stopped coming.

anyway, it definitely has its advantages. i was just at the 24-hour laundromat, and it's so much easier to get my laundry done then. i also get to hang out with the cool guy who works there. and i sleep so much better when it's light out, but dark in my own private lair :) . and, now that i'm older, i guess it goes back to another thread we had a while ago: if it's still dark out, there's still a party to be had somewhere :D ...

o, and back to my co-workers: i don't remember if i told you this one, so excuse me if i have...

one of my comrades in arms, a high school graduate, mind you, couldn't name the months of the year and put them in order :eek:disappointed.gif .