Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 7/11

weyes

no one person can be everything to you. it's not fair for to you to expect that of someone, because you will only be disappointed in that person due to the unfair expectations you've set for him/her, nor is it fair for you to put so much pressure on the other person. we should all rejoice in each other's strong points, not be upset that we can't all be to each other what we need in all of the ways we need support and companionship in life.

tune in tomorrow.

i always tell people that seem to think that there is a "perfect" someone out there for them to put down the crackpipe,or at least give me a puff of it.

i really think that there is no perfect person for anyone out there. even if you are in a straong relationship or married for countless #'s of years there is always someting that one might not like about his/her partner. the key of course is to be flexible because there are sometings that one does, that your partner is probably not very fond either.

then there are other people that look for the "ready made person" . had a discussion with a couple of my coworkers about that and who is really a "ready made person?" times change, situations arise, people change, we have new goals, new objectives, we are always changing, in flux, constantly. Were always a work in progress. From the day we are born until the day we leave this earth.

Originally posted by weyes

no one person can be everything to you. it's not fair for to you to expect that of someone, because you will only be disappointed in that person due to the unfair expectations you've set for him/her, nor is it fair for you to put so much pressure on the other person. we should all rejoice in each other's strong points, not be upset that we can't all be to each other what we need in all of the ways we need support and companionship in life.

tune in tomorrow.

AMEN :aright:

I swear i only learned this a short while ago, but now that i accept the fact that we can't expect one person to be "all-knowing' and overall perfect, you can learn to appreciate the finer points of that person more.

nice one, weyes ;)

Originally posted by vicman

weyes made up for that weird wisdom of the day from the other day with this wisdom of the day from today

another point - people can't deliver the same performance, whether the differences be good, bad, or just, well, different all the time ;)crazy1.gif . and, hey, gotta change things up every once in a while :D !

but i also was referring to friends, not just bfs/gfs/potential husbands/wives, etc. it's been hard for me to accept that i'm growing apart from a friend i've had since fifth grade because we don't do the same things anymore. she's become a drinker and loves hanging out in regular old bars (yuck) and won't go out dancing with me. and i can't stand her friends, either. but we've learned that we always have a great time together when we just go out to eat or see a movie, usually with our one mutual friend. really, though, the majority of our time together now is spent laughing our asses off.

another point - people can't deliver the same performance, whether the differences be good, bad, or just, well, different all the time ;)crazy1.gif . and, hey, gotta change things up every once in a while :D !

i guess your right...like i always tell people you cant expect to deliver 100% effort 100% of the time, and no one should expect you to either. we all have ups and downs and as long as you have more ups than downs and put in you 100% at that moment, it should be a-ok....i hope.

but i also was referring to friends, not just bfs/gfs/potential husbands/wives, etc. it's been hard for me to accept that i'm growing apart from a friend i've had since fifth grade because we don't do the same things anymore. she's become a drinker and loves hanging out in regular old bars (yuck) and won't go out dancing with me. and i can't stand her friends, either. but we've learned that we always have a great time together when we just go out to eat or see a movie, usually with our one mutual friend. really, though, the majority of our time together now is spent laughing our asses off.

That's good. I'd try to stay friends with her, even though you guys have diff. trends and styles of hanging out. I have a friend from 3rd grade, and we still hang out every now and then. But we are mad tight, which is a good thing;)

Isn't it funny how some groups of friends only stay local and do the usualy thing, while other friends are willing to go out and experience something new?

Weird :blank: