Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Layo & Bushwacka @ Discotheque

ehh, it wasn't a "bad" night, but I was dissapointed there were all of 3 breaks tracks from layo & bushwacka... I kinda expected more... but they seemed to play a lot of vocal house... :confused:

sorry you had to leave so early, xpander (ok, its totally creeping me out to use your board name on here, wierdo)...

L + B were real good...

But not for nothing, Morillo fucking tore the speakers off the hinges!! He had the place go nuts, gotta love him. I was sad I had to leave early.

Door girl is Tasha btw, she's gorgeous, been around the scene for a long while, does alot of work with Rob Fernandez (Subliminals Promoter) and even shares the same bday as me LOL

Originally posted by crystalmethod

L + B were real good...

But not for nothing, Morillo fucking tore the speakers off the hinges!! He had the place go nuts, gotta love him. I was sad I had to leave early.

Door girl is Tasha btw, she's gorgeous, been around the scene for a long while, does alot of work with Rob Fernandez (Subliminals Promoter) and even shares the same bday as me LOL

THANK YOU. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Morillo TOTALLY took control last night. Had the crowd MOVING!!!!!!!! HE is such a talented DJ and one of the nicest guys....L & B was ok......not really my cup of tea though. Morillo made my night!:cool::D

Originally posted by cesarleo

THANK YOU. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Morillo TOTALLY took control last night. Had the crowd MOVING!!!!!!!! HE is such a talented DJ and one of the nicest guys....L & B was ok......not really my cup of tea though. Morillo made my night!:cool::D

Morillo is one of the best DJ's/Producers of house music on the planet. Everyone should know this ;)

I've been a long time follower of Subliminal (and the label too)

Morillo is the bomb, I think he's touring for the rest of the summer though. Ibiza Ibiza Ibiza.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the door girl is gorgeous! :laugh: I think we might be talking about different people here, though. The one I'm thinking of was there early in the night, I remember her name was Carmela? OMG she was so ridiculously beautiful. :what:

Yea I too was a litle bumbed

out by L&B but I think they where

totaly playing to the Subliminal crowd..

I fealt a little out of place at first

(Being the only guy sporting a mohawk

and shorts) But then I ran into

so many great people that I hadn't seen in

a while that it kinda made up

for it.....

I left the house in a somewhat

of a sad mood but then the

booze and hugz made up for it..

Morillo DID make me bounce

(Even if I'm not that much of a house head)

and that's how I know a DJ is amazing..

when he/she makes you dance

to stuff that you would other wise

think you would not be into.

Great seeing all of you..

and specialy a treat

to see my ol' roomy

and Andy at the end of the night..

I give the Social an A+

The space was beautiful: A+

L&B: C

Eric MORILLO: AA++

Doc Martin? ummm..

I got too drunk by then so Amy

dragged me to a Dinner and fed me solids!

:D :D :D

Originally posted by mugwump

Yea I too was a litle bumbed

out by L&B but I think they where

totaly playing to the Subliminal crowd..

I fealt a little out of place at first

(Being the only guy sporting a mohawk

and shorts) But then I ran into

so many great people that I hadn't seen in

a while that it kinda made up

for it.....

I left the house in a somewhat

of a sad mood but then the

booze and hugz made up for it..

Morillo DID make me bounce

(Even if I'm not that much of a house head)

and that's how I know a DJ is amazing..

when he/she makes you dance

to stuff that you would other wise

think you would not be into.

Great seeing all of you..

and specialy a treat

to see my ol' roomy

and Andy at the end of the night..

I give the Social an A+

The space was beautiful: A+

L&B: C

Eric MORILLO: AA++

Doc Martin? ummm..

I got too drunk by then so Amy

dragged me to a Dinner and fed me solids!

:D :D :D

Love ya kid.

Morillo is one of the best DJ's/Producers of house music on the planet. Everyone should know this ;)

Morillo is the bomb, I think he's touring for the rest of the summer though. Ibiza Ibiza Ibiza.

It's unfortunate that we can only catch him and his crew on an occasional Thursday. He should have a weekly res. on the weekend.......but I know he travels all over. I just think back at how amazing it was to hear him in a big room like @ Crobar during WMC. Now that got me thinking.......new Crobar in NY coming soon.....he does his spots in Miami and Chicago.......hhhhhmmmmm.......:idea:

I was really diggin L & B's set......wish they were on for all 6 hours

but Morillo was good, only heard a bit of the Doc tho.....and was drunk/blazed by then

I'm was loving the opening set though.........would not have been upset if they stayed on all night

Maybe we can hope for something, lets say, like Subliminal parties moving to a weekend night at crobar nyc....that is one of the best parties in nyc might as well put them in a big room on the weekend

Originally posted by xpander

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the door girl is gorgeous! :laugh: I think we might be talking about different people here, though. The one I'm thinking of was there early in the night, I remember her name was Carmela? OMG she was so ridiculously beautiful. :what:

I hear ya....fyi tho - she's got a manfriend, brova..... :tongue: he's madd cool tho if that makes ya feel better....& is a great DJ too..... = )

Originally posted by charrails

I hear ya....fyi tho - she's got a manfriend, brova..... :tongue: he's madd cool tho if that makes ya feel better....& is a great DJ too..... = )

And I got a womanfriend, mate :tongue: But I just got kinda startled. Had to recognize. :D

Sorry I missed you after the beginning mate, had to leave early and couldn't find you guys at all. Good to hear y'all had fun though.

You going to PS1 tomorrow?

Originally posted by xpander

And I got a womanfriend, mate :tongue: But I just got kinda startled. Had to recognize. :D

Sorry I missed you after the beginning mate, had to leave early and couldn't find you guys at all. Good to hear y'all had fun though.

You going to PS1 tomorrow?

no biggie, a packed party like that I just slip out, maybe say goodbye to a few people I see on the way to the door...haha..

we're pretty low on the dough right now, so I think I'll be low budget till maybe Mr C and Pete moss next week....actually I'm spinnin tomorrow night for a bit @ the Orchard bar I think.....I'll see ya soon tho.

I hear that, gotta call beauty when we see it.... :eek:

Last night was my first NYC clubbing experience. Not bad at all. First off, I come from Atlanta, so I was totally impressed by the sound system. There's only a couple of clubs in Atlanta that have sound systems anywhere near that calibur.

As for the DJs...

L&B were a bit disappointing. Their mixing was spotty at a few points. I expected a bit more from them. But I have to give them props for playing the Kings of Tomorrow vocals over their new track. "Finally" is one of my favorite songs.

Morillo... what can I say? I've been wanting to hear him for years, and he was solid. Had me rocking till the "Sweet Dreams" he played at the end of his set.

As for good ol' Doc Martin, the last time I heard him was over a year ago, and I was stoked to see him again. But after Morillo's dance floor destruction, I had to start the long journey home to my temporary abode in Whippany, NJ.

Overall, I'm excited to be in the NYC area, and after last night, I'm expecting great times to be had in NYC clubland! Also, it was great to meet mugwump. Hopefully, I'll get to meet more of you all in the future. :)

--

Chris Haire

dope night, thanks for coming out. xpander, carmella is awesome, i'll tell her you kind words. she's the best, and been working with me since the beginning in may.

sorry wideskies that you think $15 is too much for 4 world class djs. :rolleyes:

chris, glad you had fun, thanks for venturing out.

next week we keep on tickin' with Mr C and Pete Moss.

Best,

Deepak

Originally posted by rld2g

chris, glad you had fun, thanks for venturing out.

next week we keep on tickin' with Mr C and Pete Moss.

I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of me if your parties have line-ups like yesterdays and this upcoming week. Pete Moss - been trying to catch him live for years. And Mr. C is always a bad ass. Now.. if I can only find a way to make it out and not be late in my first week of work. :tongue: