Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soliciting for blood???

apparently my blood is more valuable then gold ..my damn doctor calls me almost every damn week. I have grave suspecions that one of these days hes going to sneak into my house when im sleeping..throw a bag over my head...and kidnap me into his secret underground laboratory where he'll do grusome experiements on me...so if I go missing...his name is Dr. Rocco Moretti..and lives on...huh? who are you? ack NOooo! eeellp!

:flame:

Im aroused by having a 50%+ chance of getting infected with a disease...and having 50 gallons of blood despritly needed by my vital organs to stay alive be drained out by a cold metal tube shoved awkardly into one of my veins....just excites me every time...

Originally posted by hotcheme

i am deathly afraid of giving blood - they ask me every month for the company blood drive and i flip out every time

:shake: :shake: It scares me too... I have a fear of intravenous needles... but at least I have an acceptable excuse for not donating... I'm 15 lbs beneath the weight limit...

Originally posted by tastyt

:shake: :shake: It scares me too... I have a fear of intravenous needles... but at least I have an acceptable excuse for not donating... I'm 15 lbs beneath the weight limit...

it's the needles for me too. i freak out just thinking about them and i have to cover my eyes when i see movies where they stick ppl.

i always make up a new excuse for not donating - anemia always works.

Originally posted by gothzane

apparently my blood is more valuable then gold ..my damn doctor calls me almost every damn week. I have grave suspecions that one of these days hes going to sneak into my house when im sleeping..throw a bag over my head...and kidnap me into his secret underground laboratory where he'll do grusome experiements on me...so if I go missing...his name is Dr. Rocco Moretti..and lives on...huh? who are you? ack NOooo! eeellp!

and i thought i had problems....:blank:

Yep there is a blood shortage, they are soliciting at work again.... Not sure I am attempting again, it took 3 - 4 pokes last time to find the vein. OUCH!! :mad: Not to mention they always ask us to give on Friday and you are not supposed to drink for I think 24 hours.:(

... i wouldnt mind if it wasnt for the fact that my veins are set deep so they sometimes can not find them; or better yet, go back and forth from arm to arm until they do ... in fact, if anyone has a site that lists local facilities, i would def. donate...

OT - but when i think about needles and fear, i always revert to the image in Pulp Fiction of Uma Therman getting that booster shot in the heart...whoa...

Hmm.. I've only tried to give blood once and the maximum amount of time that they will drain you is for 20 minutes so I sat there the full 20 minutes attempting to fill up the bag and only got like 1/4th full.. I dunno why.. maybe my blood pressure sux or there isn't enough blood in my body or some shit.. but I still have that scar from the needle in my arm to this day (this was done 3 years ago) and it was all for a waste cause they couldn't use the small amount of blood that I was only able to give.

Originally posted by snoozi8

I gave because my dad needed it...he's sick and his hemoglobin count was way off....but my pint made him breakout into a rash... I told them he didn't want it

lol....and your posting that on a public messageboard?!?!?! LOL!

...I'm sure that was just an isolated incident. ;)

It's scary but it's for a good cause...after 9/11 a bunch of my friends and I tried to donate, but the lines were too long...

*edit* meaning the clinics were full to capacity!

btw--marci and cat, you ladies made my evening....nothing to do w/ this thread, I'm just saying :D

Originally posted by tastyt

me too and i have no complaints about that.

Originally posted by ReginaP

how funny would it be if...we had a similar test for human beings...would some still get by???

Unfortunetly yes.....Some people are like cockroaches....As much as we want them gone they'll still find a way to bother you.....

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Unfortunetly yes.....Some people are like cockroaches....As much as we want them gone they'll still find a way to bother you.....

"Cockroaches"... THANK YOU... that's exactly the word I've been looking for! :idea: