Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where are u at?

ppl always ask what everyone on this board does for a living and so on but are u all doing what u expected to be doing? have u graduated from school and in the field u studied for? are u happy with your choice you made for your profession or career?

i remember when i was in high school they made it seem like after you graduate you go on to college for like 4 years then you graduate, go into the real world where a job is just waiting for u and then your set. has this happened to anyone?

actually, yes. and i think that is pretty scary.

i went to college for 5 years and then got a job in my major right out of college working for a company that i decided i wanted to work for when i was 16.

the only difference is that i work in a different industry (pharmaceuticals) than i thought i wanted to work in (petrochemicals) but that is all for the best....

i like my job a lot and i wouldn't change what i studied in college or where i went if i had to do it all again.

Yup, college --> job in my field of study. It wasn't *quite* that straightforward, but it only took about 6 months to get where I am now.

Do I see myself doing the same thing two years from now? Who knows... :shrug:

well, that's kinda hard to say...comin out of pre-school i really was looking to work with play-doh...but in kindergarten I obtained a real love for glue-eating...Entering grade school years was tough as the demand for glue-eaters was fairly small...during those years I flirted with astronaut, professional baseball, basketball, and football player , but all those jobs required "degrees" and "skill" and an "athletic" body...Once I hit middle school my downcast demeanor, my ability to argue stubbornly over the most insignifigant things, and my already rampant partying and drug use led my guidance couselor to recommed Politics as the job I was most suited for...that all worked for a few years as i won office in school elections and attended various leadership conferences...then came junior year of high school, when i realized all I wanted to do was party and bang bang bang bang bang...that took over my life for a couple years.. and when I awoke from this stupor about 8 months ago I was a poly sci major at U. of Delaware with a job in catering..meanwhile I still dont know what I want to do, but i got two years left to decide, so , in closing, i dont know what we were supposed to write about, im just tired and wanted to get in a little typing practice, go yankees, go blue hens, see y'all under the NEW ball, peace in the middle east, I like chocolate cake...Thank You and GOODNIGHT :hat:

I was completely undecided going into college, but had a feel that Business was what I was interested in. I had received an award in High School for 'Accounting Student of the Year', so I decided that was as good a major as any in the business school. It took me 5 1/2 years, but I got my degree in Accounting and another in Management.

I've been out of school for a bit over a 18 months now, and already been with 2 really HUGE companies. Accounting is not quite as enjoyable as I had hoped, but I've learned that it's the people you work with, not the work itself, that determines if you enjoy your job fully. My first job out of school sucked ass, the people were typical 'accountants'. All over 45 y/o, kids and families, absolutely no one I could relate to. Second job..... :). Fun ppl and great atmosphere.

I guess I would say I am happy with my career choice, but my long term goal is to become my own boss - own my own business. Business knowledge is the key to being successful in running a business, so in that sense I am satisfied.

Work is work - it sucks no matter what you do.