Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 7/17

weyes

i'm late... but i'm trying my best to keep this going while i'm out of town and away from civilization, internetally speaking :rolleyes::tongue: . so here it is, late as it may be.

your parents don't make you; their dna just combines to produce another organism. starting from the day you're born, you become more and more indepedent, and are presented with more and more choices. it is what you do and what drives you to do these things that make you who you are, not the two people who had sex nine months before you came into the world.

tune in tomorrow.

I said this to my mom, and she got mad at me :worry::D

Man, i sure hope we don't enter the era where couples "genetically modify" their newborns to have a certain type of nose or a certain type of mouth or body...

Tinkering with the system like that just seems so unethical and fake.

Originally posted by gmccookny

I said this to my mom, and she got mad at me :worry::D

Man, i sure hope we don't enter the era where couples "genetically modify" their newborns to have a certain type of nose or a certain type of mouth or body...

Tinkering with the system like that just seems so unethical and fake.

werd.....

i agree that your experiences in the world definitely help to shape who you are...but the combination of your mother and father is also a part of the equation

whether you are tall/short, fat/skinny, light skinned/dark...whatever your appearance, you owe that mostly to your parents, and that *look* contributes to who you are as well, it allows you to do things or not do things

even though i despise the fakers, i will use shaq as a perfect example, if he's not a 7' 300lb monster and he doesn't play professional basketball, then he would definitely not be the same person

now, clearly, what you do with what is handed to you is just as important, but you need to have the tools before you can start drilling for oil...ya dig!

Originally posted by gumby76

i agree that your experiences in the world definitely help to shape who you are...but the combination of your mother and father is also a part of the equation

whether you are tall/short, fat/skinny, light skinned/dark...whatever your appearance, you owe that mostly to your parents, and that *look* contributes to who you are as well, it allows you to do things or not do things

even though i despise the fakers, i will use shaq as a perfect example, if he's not a 7' 300lb monster and he doesn't play professional basketball, then he would definitely not be the same person

now, clearly, what you do with what is handed to you is just as important, but you need to have the tools before you can start drilling for oil...ya dig!

appearance is imporatant, but it doesn't prescribe your destiny. while shaq's height does keep him from becoming a racing jockey, he can still ride horses. and his being so tall did not prevent him from becoming a classical pianist; he made the choice to be a basketball player.

but the looks i owe to my parents are really generalized; i don't really have anything specific of theirs. i don't know where my ass or boobs came from, 'cause none of the women on either side has or had either of those goin' on. i've got curly hair, whereas my mom and dad both have straight. no one i know thinks i look like either of them. while it's true that their cells made mine, the equation isn't :

weyes' mom + weyes' dad = 1/2 weyes' mom/1/2 weyes' dad

it's:

weyes' mom + weyes' dad = a mutt, totally unique

but that had nothing to do with my original point anyway. my point was that people can't blame their parents for who they are, nor should they expect to turn out the same way. we are people in our right, with decisions we can, should, and must make, and not just two people's science experiment.

Originally posted by weyes

i don't know where my ass or boobs came from, 'cause none of the women on either side has or had either of those goin' on. i've got curly hair, whereas my mom and dad both have straight. no one i know thinks i look like either of them.

have you checked out the milkman's lineage?

my point was that people can't blame their parents for who they are, nor should they expect to turn out the same way. we are people in our right, with decisions we can, should, and must make, and not just two people's science experiment.

agreed