Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pre-release of Sasha's new album is very good...

I wouldn't rank his production skills up there with the artists who are producers first and djs second, like James Holden, Parks & Wilson, and the like, but it's a respectable effort. Good lounging music...no real dance-floor bombs, but it seems that, on their artist albums, DJs these days are trying to get away from the dancey stuff and want to be known for making good non-dance music, e.g., Oakenfold's Bunkka. Personally, I don't think that making dance music makes you less of a legitimate artist...I find dance music to be some of the most enlightening, artistic music out there.

--DC

mylexicon--i think the street date is sometime in august. the copy i have is through a label connection. i'm sure there are a bunch of copies circulating around...shouldn't be too hard to find if you are eager to hear it now.

--dc

Awww dude, don't compare Airdrawndagger to Bunkka. I'm still not ready to lose respect for Saha just yet, ya know?

Originally posted by dbilas

I wouldn't rank his production skills up there with the artists who are producers first and djs second, like James Holden, Parks & Wilson, and the like, but it's a respectable effort. Good lounging music...no real dance-floor bombs, but it seems that, on their artist albums, DJs these days are trying to get away from the dancey stuff and want to be known for making good non-dance music, e.g., Oakenfold's Bunkka. Personally, I don't think that making dance music makes you less of a legitimate artist...I find dance music to be some of the most enlightening, artistic music out there.

--DC

mylexicon -- i got the copy through a contact at a record label. i'm obviously not supposed to have it, so i don't want to say which label. as an artist, i can't stand bootlegging (though i made a hypocritical exception here), so i don't plan to make any copies unfortunately.

--dc