Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dj sets in miami

staceyg5

Originally posted by staceyg5

other than conference, why is it that the majority of dj's play "alright" sets here?

i dont think that is true....i have heard many djs after the WMC, that have spun great here.....granted u cannot compare the atmosphere of WMC to a normal weekend here....u have people from all over the world here on the beach, great djs playing everywhere.....everyone is waiting to hear the "new" summer anthems from the djs....but to say that all djs sets here in miami, after WMC are alright....thats not true....

i.e.

Saeed and Palash@Spin, The Bliss Party, Robbie Rivera@Living Room (SOBE) and the last couple Deep Dish@Space.....

I tend to disagree that, a majority of dj’s play alright sets. a dj feeds off the energy of the crowd. if the crowd’s energy level is non existent. then there is the possibility, that the dj’s energy level and performance may reflect that.

i didn't say all, i said majority

closing a set 1/2 hr b/4 the club closes is wrong.

and on numerous occasions (tho i won't name names) sets have been extremely weak

then again, it's just my observation & opinion

where's the love?

Originally posted by staceyg5

personally, i'm just tired of read'ng bout how some of u hate diego even tho u have never met him and how saleen "hits it" w/ the ladies

mimi> :love2:

personally, if ya were sick of it, why would u mention it to create more talk of it, in a thread where it had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Here is my theory:

I think a lot of the DJs come down to Miami, thinking it's vacation time. They're down south, it's warm, they're shacked up at the Delano, "let's take it easy." I just think that sometimes, they get a little too relaxed/ laid back and forget that they have a job to do. Not to mention I think it must be hard to throw down a killer set in Miami b/c no one dances. Besides from the Clubplanet krew and about 20 other people in the city, NO ONE DANCES! The crowd just stands around striking a pose. How the hell is the DJ supposed to know if you're diggin' the set, or if he should change it up, get funky, go deep, play it hard??? That's the one big difference I notice at clubs in Chicago, DC, NYC and Boston. You gotta dance to que the DJ in on what's good and what you like.

However, I still think Miami has got it better than most of the country. Can you imagine what the poor people in the Midwest have to put up w/. Not only do they have to deal w/ bullsh*t suck-ass venues, but they suffer from a serious lack of talent. Plus, even when they manage to trick a talented DJ to come to town, you know that DJ's thinking, "I'll play for 90 minutes, drop a few fairy trance breakdowns, play Rapture and get the hell out!"

Originally posted by joeygk

Here is my theory:

I think a lot of the DJs come down to Miami, thinking it's vacation time. They're down south, it's warm, they're shacked up at the Delano, "let's take it easy." I just think that sometimes, they get a little too relaxed/ laid back and forget that they have a job to do. Not to mention I think it must be hard to throw down a killer set in Miami b/c no one dances. Besides from the Clubplanet krew and about 20 other people in the city, NO ONE DANCES! The crowd just stands around striking a pose. How the hell is the DJ supposed to know if you're diggin' the set, or if he should change it up, get funky, go deep, play it hard??? That's the one big difference I notice at clubs in Chicago, DC, NYC and Boston. You gotta dance to que the DJ in on what's good and what you like.

However, I still think Miami has got it better than most of the country. Can you imagine what the poor people in the Midwest have to put up w/. Not only do they have to deal w/ bullsh*t suck-ass venues, but they suffer from a serious lack of talent. Plus, even when they manage to trick a talented DJ to come to town, you know that DJ's thinking, "I'll play for 90 minutes, drop a few fairy trance breakdowns, play Rapture and get the hell out!"

I agree with what you said..except I don't believe dj's come, down here thinking they are on a siesta. they respond to the crowd, because that's who inspires them. spoke with saeed & palash at their in store at spec's. think you would be surprised, what they said about the, effect the audience has on their sets.

Here is my theory:

Not to mention I think it must be hard to throw down a killer set in Miami b/c no one dances. Besides from the Clubplanet krew and about 20 other people in the city, NO ONE DANCES! The crowd just stands around striking a pose. How the hell is the DJ supposed to know if you're diggin' the set, or if he should change it up, get funky, go deep, play it hard???

not true

austin gets a sh*t load of talent & no dress codes

tho i do agree w/ the above statement. ever look down from the dj booth @ crobar? eek! now i know why i stay upstairs

good venues, good weather, and good sound systems. what about the crowd?

generally speaking, how would u think the crowd would react if craig richards were to play down there? bet u they would stare at him with this confused look on their face and not know what to do.

Here is my theory:

Excellent post joey

Austin!!!!!!!!! Austin, may be 'young, hip & cool' by Texas standards, but come on...........it's still Texas. :puke:

ride em' ....

ok, i REALLY need 8 full hrs of sleep 2/nite :D

tis true joey, ask barb

People critcize me for being a booth troll. The reasons are twofold...one is that's where the money shots are, and second, the crowd just gets to me after awhile. Case in point, I went to Spin on Friday, and I saw someone I kind of knew just standing off to the side, striking the pose for the ladies. I went up to say hello, the first words out of his mouth were 'I'm not in the mood for a photo so get away...'

I was like "Umm I didn't want to take a shot, we met last week and I was saying hey...'

"Oh, hey."