Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP proves man's evolution (theoretically)

as an offshoot of a "discussion" with my crazy grandmother I postulated the following in response to her....

QUESTION: "How can you people sit around talking about such nonsense all the time?" (now, this was a justifiable question by her since i definitely talk about nothing most of the time)

MY ANSWER: "Man's ability to make up and talk nonsensically is what separates us from other animals since imagination requires both intelligence and leisure time."

CONTINUING REFLECTION: while my intelligence level is open to question, my leisure time is significant and i think this is a good theory. and i further state that CP is perhaps the ultimate expression of nonsense communication (note all the preposterous, unimportant yet entertaining things currently on the board), so therefore CP is the perfect illustration of this theory.

(or perhaps I just have too much time on my hands and all of you are working hard and deadly serious about all your postings...)

phunk? please help.

i think a case of cheap beer and a long porch session might be in order.

Let's keep barvybe's message on track and not get into discussions of god, which will go on literally forever...

I think you have a point in saying we say a lot of nonsense due to all the spare time on our hands. I must say, maybe 20% of the actual posts are informative about clublife and the like.

But i also think we need this "nonsense" so we have some breathing room. I do think there's been too much nonsense going on the boards lately, but that's up to us to create more informative threads.

I also think that people most of the time go on clubplanet when they're bored, thereby contributing to the nonsense.

:idea:

We are all minds in here..

PURE "THOUGHT"!

Perhaps the start of the BIGGEST

leap of EVOLUTION...

Pouring our brains and memories

into a machine...

ELECTRONIC IMPULSES

OF PURE THOUGHT!

(Takes a hit of bong...

exhales..)

Cough~

Cough~

Originally posted by stacychase

drink a beer alll deep thoughts will be gone. ;)

works for me everytime!:)

ahhh...well, the only thoughts i'm currently having is that i ate way too much ridiculously yummy chinese food in flushing. my brain is just treading water right now :)

Originally posted by gmccookny

Let's keep barvybe's message on track and not get into discussions of god, which will go on literally forever...

I think you have a point in saying we say a lot of nonsense due to all the spare time on our hands. I must say, maybe 20% of the actual posts are informative about clublife and the like.

But i also think we need this "nonsense" so we have some breathing room. I do think there's been too much nonsense going on the boards lately, but that's up to us to create more informative threads.

I also think that people most of the time go on clubplanet when they're bored, thereby contributing to the nonsense.

:idea:

exactly what i was talking about...the fact that we get BORED and take that boredom and use it to connect with others for purely social reasons and create (arguably) imaginative things is pretty cool.

imagine if you were never bored and never let your mind roam free....

Originally posted by gmccookny

you think it is that high?