Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dog owners..

im getting custody of my boys dog... 1.5yrs old... 1/2 pit 1/2 hound, excellent health, fully inoculated, good move or should i pass on it? my only qualm is that i will be moving shortly and fear that it would be harder to find an apartment with a dog... true or false? and is it fair to the dog to live in an apt? (currently live in a house with a spacious living area and even more spacious garden / yard... )

Its alot of responsiblity having a dog.....Trust me....I had one till I moved to Jersey and I had to wake my ass up early in the morning to walk it.....Plus you're gonna need someone to also walk the dog during the day if you're not home.....Dont get me wrong.....I love dog's but its alot of responsibility....

Originally posted by dgmodel

so basically i dont know what im getting into and its more responsibility then i need currently correct???

isn't that what I told ya? Nix the dog....i know you have good intentions....but it's just not a wise decision. :(

It is much, much harder to find an apartment with a dog. If you are going to live in an apt.with a dog too then you shouldn't, although some people do, you shouldn't leave him alone for more than 8 hours maximum and that's a lot. Dog's can sleep the night away for 8 - 10 hours before they are walked in the morning but in the day it's not healthy for them to go more than 8 hours with out being walked. Also if you are gonna leave him alone for 8 hours in the day, you better get in the habit of taking him/her to the park for exercise and a walk as soon as you get home. If not you can count on the dog making in the house or manifesting the frustration of being left alone by destroying something ie. chewing up your favorite something or other or making in the house or barking all day and getting you or himself evicted. I have owned dogs for a long time and unless you walk them at least 3 times a day, neither of you will be happy. It's a huge responsibility, almost like having a child. Here's apic of my baby, Genghis, in Central Park waiting for a small child or tourist to eat.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i love dogs but i would never get one, especially in the city.. imagine having to get up and walk a dog before work. i get up at 7 am as it is and i barely have ttime to get a cup of coffee. i dunno, my friend has a dog and it is awesome but its always trying to hump me n sh1t, sometimes it gets annoying + i dont think i could pick up shits left & right. :blown:

Dogs are alot of work. Your entire life will be changed and in the end you might wind up asking yourself :"Do I own the dog or does it own me." Make sure you are in the right place and time in your life (Consider the $$$ element as well)

The apt issue will be harder and you might have to

pass up some great deals with a "no pet" clause in the

rent agreement..

HOWEVER...

A dog will probably be the best friend you

will ever have in your life. It will love you

unconditionaly, it will look up to you,

he will be your life long companion

that never ever screws you over (except for the occasional

puddle on your favorite sheets) or bad mouth you..

Be prepared though..

It's alot of work..

I recomend you check out:

urban hounds.com

for more info

Good luck!

I've never regreted owning dogs..

(Just loosing them)

Originally posted by racerx1225

It is much, much harder to find an apartment with a dog. If you are going to live in an apt.with a dog too then you shouldn't, although some people do, you shouldn't leave him alone for more than 8 hours maximum and that's a lot. Dog's can sleep the night away for 8 - 10 hours before they are walked in the morning but in the day it's not healthy for them to go more than 8 hours with out being walked. Also if you are gonna leave him alone for 8 hours in the day, you better get in the habit of taking him/her to the park for exercise and a walk as soon as you get home. If not you can count on the dog making in the house or manifesting the frustration of being left alone by destroying something ie. chewing up your favorite something or other or making in the house or barking all day and getting you or himself evicted. I have owned dogs for a long time and unless you walk them at least 3 times a day, neither of you will be happy. It's a huge responsibility, almost like having a child. Here's apic of my baby, Genghis, in Central Park waiting for a small child or tourist to eat.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

very insightful 10Q very much...

Originally posted by mugwump

Dogs are alot of work. Your entire life will be changed and in the end you might wind up asking yourself :"Do I own the dog or does it own me." Make sure you are in the right place and time in your life (Consider the $$$ element as well)

The apt issue will be harder and you might have to

pass up some great deals with a "no pet" clause in the

rent agreement..

HOWEVER...

A dog will probably be the best friend you

will ever have in your life. It will love you

unconditionaly, it will look up to you,

he will be your life long companion

that never ever screws you over (except for the occasional

puddle on your favorite sheets) or bad mouth you..

Be prepared though..

It's alot of work..

I recomend you check out:

urban hounds.com

for more info

Good luck!

I've never regreted owning dogs..

(Just loosing them)

:aright:

Originally posted by marcid21

isn't that what I told ya? Nix the dog....i know you have good intentions....but it's just not a wise decision. :(

you have very valid points, and like marci said, although my intentions were good, and wanted to help out both my friend and this beautiful dog, i think im going to have to pass on it...

so brings us to the next thread... anyone want a beautiful dog???