Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about Fridays @ ARC

Hi all. I have been a frequent visitor to this board for quite a while but this is my first post. The last time I was at Vinyl was the night of the fire so it has been quite a while. I have always had a fantastic time on Friday Nights there due to the great vibe, great people and, of course, the great DT. What is ARC (and specifically Be Yourself) like now since the renovation? I have read that the sound system is great, but is the vibe still the same? I have read some negative things about over crowding but that seems to be limited to the special events on Saturday Nights. Is it the Friday Night croud still the same? I'd appreciate the update!

I believe it was May 17th. Around 2:45am or so the alarms went off and we all had to evacuate (into the pouring rain I might add)! Talk about a buzzkill! I read on CP the next day that it was a small fire in the kitchen. Anyway, no damage done. But that was the last time I was there.

It's still just as good.......if not better with the renovations. The crowd changed a lil bit.......but that was like a yr or two ago.....not anytime recently. The later you go the better........I went last week and had the best time. Vinyl/Arc is hands down the best club and music in the city plain and simple!

Originally posted by codica3

Yeah I have also heard that the crowd has changed a lil but you know what?? Go for the music and your friends and you should still have a wonderful time because it's DT.

Def its all about the music, and u don't really pay attention to the crowd cause ur with ur friends and thats all that matters:D

Originally posted by sexxyme

Y would anyone bring a cell phone in anyway? GET A WATCH! hehe

well my reasoning is just in case my car gets towed again, or stolen, ill have something to contact some1 with. Towing problem shouldnt happen again though lol. I've learned to look for the hydrants.

Originally posted by roninmess

well my reasoning is just in case my car gets towed again, or stolen, ill have something to contact some1 with. Towing problem shouldnt happen again though lol. I've learned to look for the hydrants.

LoooL...U're right there..but then again..dont they get in the way??

P.S. Artyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy U have my ID babe :)

Originally posted by roninmess

Well if you have THAT much of an emergency, then use a payphone for Christ's sake.

Originally posted by MarkS

Hi all. I have been a frequent visitor to this board for quite a while but this is my first post. The last time I was at Vinyl was the night of the fire so it has been quite a while. I have always had a fantastic time on Friday Nights there due to the great vibe, great people and, of course, the great DT. What is ARC (and specifically Be Yourself) like now since the renovation? I have read that the sound system is great, but is the vibe still the same? I have read some negative things about over crowding but that seems to be limited to the special events on Saturday Nights. Is it the Friday Night croud still the same? I'd appreciate the update!

I hate to tell you this, but you missed out on DT at his prime. He hasn't been his true self personally or musically. The crowd is awful and he's in denial of it.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

Well if you have THAT much of an emergency, then use a payphone for Christ's sake.

true, but all the people I would call other then my parents' phone number is stored in my cell, and I have the worst memory so I know nobodys phone numbers.

edit: also if my car were to get stolen, i'd rather not have my car, and my phone stolen.

and who cares if someone brings in a phone. I don't use it in the club, maybe to check the time, because I personally don't wear a watch at all, however.....people who sit there tryin to hold conversations in clubs over the cell are ridiculous, and the people that hold up there phones to record stuff are too. Maybe thats Danny's gripe with the phones.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

I hate to tell you this, but you missed out on DT at his prime. He hasn't been his true self personally or musically. The crowd is awful and he's in denial of it.

I've been going to Vinly for several years and I've seen some great sets from DT. However, I have been hearing that the crowd is getting bad. Can you (or anyone) be more specific as to what to expect from the crowd there? I plan on going this Friday but if manyo of you think its not worth it I'll look for some other plans!

I've gone there 3 out of the last 4 fridays and think its great. The crowd is fine, and even though some of the vinyl veterans say its changed from a coupla years ago, its still the best vibe I've seen anywhere in the city... the only time I've heard legitimate complaints was when it was ridiculously packed, like for DT v. DH. But as for the last few fridays, there has been plenty of room, friendly people smiling & talking to you, and hardly anyone bumping into you without saying sorry (there was even some RIDICULOUS eye candy that walked in early sat morning... focuspuller can attest to that, but that's besides the point). As far as the music goes, DT may be beyond his prime (I dunno cuz I didn't see him in his prime)... but he still throws down sets as good as any other nyc resident IMO, and keeps it fun with his comments & bouncing around all over the booth. No cell phones? I've had mine with me the last two weeks and no one's said anything to me so I dunno what you guys are talking about.

Im actually planning a trip out there this friday also...Got my boys who are going away to college next week. i just need to know the age and address if someone could hook me up with that info. What time does it get packed in there also...I like showing up when its already FULL. Thanks alot peeps...cannot wait to hear DT!!!

Oh yea...hows the checks at the door also...thanks :D

the flyer says: "NO TEXT/TELEPHONES ON THE DANCEFLOOR! JUST SHUT UP AND DANCE!" - which I agree with, why would anyone try to talk on a phone over the music anyway... but does this mean that you can't carry the cell in your pocket in case you need it leaving the club (or wanna call someone in the chillroom or exit area)?? I guess we'll find out... I doubt they're gonna turn someone away for having a cell on the first weekend of this rule, make them go back to their car then to the back of the line...

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

the flyer says: "NO TEXT/TELEPHONES ON THE DANCEFLOOR! JUST SHUT UP AND DANCE!" - which I agree with, why would anyone try to talk on a phone over the music anyway... but does this mean that you can't carry the cell in your pocket in case you need it leaving the club (or wanna call someone in the chillroom or exit area)?? I guess we'll find out... I doubt they're gonna turn someone away for having a cell on the first weekend of this rule, make them go back to their car then to the back of the line...

I think it's just a quote for the flyer...I dont think it actually means no telephones..

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

good looks on teh clarification... as i said, i only heard about it, didnt read it myself.:tongue: