Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Here Is The List For The Cooljunkie Dj Comp...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

The Finalists For The 2002 CoolJunkie DJ Spin Off

This was truly one of the hardest jobs that we've ever had to do. We had well over 100 CD's, many of which were excellent mixes. It really came down to DJ's who caught our ear in some way, and those that we felt would rock a dancefloor.

This is a list of the finalists, followed by a list of DJ's who didn't quite make it, but deserve recognition...

Finalists:

Joseph Anthony

Excellent mix of progressive house, featuring some nice remixes from local boy Thomas Penton. Technically strong with great track selection.

Gabor Kanasz

Deep, dark, tribal and very smooth. Techically excellent with long mixes and good belnding.

Anthony Feliciano

Eclectic mix of tracks blended together very well. Very rhythmical with lots of rolling basslines and driving percussion.

Sergio Ramirez

Very high energy tribal mix which sounds like it came straight from an afterhours. Good mixing and strong tracks.

Miklos Csabanko (Candyman)

Great selection of tribal tracks with equally good mixing. Very european in style with dark corners.

Michael Louis

Very nice progressive mix with an uplifting melodic edge. Also some nice breaks thrown in.

Enrique Arce (Kiavi)

Very smoothly mixed selection of tribal and progressive tracks. Immaculate blending between tunes.

Jae Vynel

Refreshing mix of deep and vocal house. Great track selection and some nice blending.

Johnny Ramirez

Nicely built mix of funky tribal tracks. Very strong mixing and nice structure.

Honorable mentions

DJ FX

Probably the most eclectic CD that we received, and a strong musical mix.

Nova

Great selection of house tunes that would rock any dancefloor.

Joe Cozzi

Nice build from progressive house into trance.

David Alexander

Definitely a prog house DJ to watch - very nice tracks and smooth mixing.

DJ Bailey

Very smooth vocal house, building nicely.

Michael Martin

Great tribal and progressive house tracks with a funky edge and good mixing.

Yep that's the list, and we've already been severely flamed from a few entrants who thought we didn't do them justice.

We were hoping to get a slightly more varied range of styles, and it would have been nice to see a trance or breaks DJ in the finals, but it would also have been unfair to include anyone simply because they played those styles. These were the 9 best mixes that we received.

We did listen to every single CD, and anyone who wants a critique of their mix can e-mail us, but we won't post any comments on message boards about individual entries.

Thanks to everyone who entered, and we'll see you at the heats next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Hopefully no-one will arrive with an Uzi :D

Originally posted by cooljunkie

We were hoping to get a slightly more varied range of styles, and it would have been nice to see a trance or breaks DJ in the finals, but it would also have been unfair to include anyone simply because they played those styles. These were the 9 best mixes that we received.

:rolleyes:

In NO way am I bitching at all, I mix because I love to mix.

Here Is My view

B4 I ever handed I knew it was gonna come down to Tribal Progessive house, It's miami (remeber). I just dont see out of 100's of cds that there is not 1, Breaks dj, Trance dj, tech dj, drum and Bass dj, etc, isnt this a dj competition not a Tribal House competition.

If anyone would like a copy, the set I submitted included 2 prog tracks, 1 trance track, 4 breaks tracks, a leftfield style track, a techy track, a hardhouse track and one transitional proggy breaky track. Just shoot me a PM.

Peace,

FX

my opionon dj fx should have at least made it to the finals.

You know I would have not enjoyed anything better than seeing my buddy DJFX getting in the final nine as well as you, Rob, because I thought both your CD's were top-notch, but the fact is that you guys haven't heard the CD's that were submitted and you can't honestly say that someone should have made the final nine other than someone else in the competition if you have not heard all the submissions which you guys haven't.....

....as much as I'm sad for FX(shit....second year straight honarable mention has to suck).....and Rob.....I think you should at least be able to hear the winning entires before you determine whether or not you think you should have made the final nine or not......I wouldn't take it personal if I were you....I'm sure the junkies had a hard enough time as it was selecting the final nine....my 2 cents.....

(I have not made any mention of my feelings towards the selections made...how in the worlkd could I???

I was merely responding to their cry for diversity in the sets submitted by describing the contents of my submission and offering anyone who wishes to get a copy the opportunity to give mine a listen. If you look at the thread you started regarding my Honorable mention, I gave props to the 9 that made into the next, and still do offer my congratulations to them.

well, in no way did i ever disagree with cool junkie picks. I know my cd was not "on" perfect. But it was Done in real time recording. Not thru- a computer first then cleaned up. As if i were spinning in a club and someone was recording it live..Well shit, it was the most excitment i had in a long time. almost like waiting to find out if that girl u been eyeing noticed u... Well i should throw a cooljunkie loser party so if any of the (losers) want to get together pm me.... We will all get drunk and bitch and talk shit and cry in or our tea. ( this statement was made to be funny just incase someone in cp land does not gets it) Good luck to the winners