Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Did Everyone Do This Weekend

ravengirl

well, i must say that this was one hell of a weekend! it all started in miami on friday night when i saw lee @ spin. his set was wicked good. much better then his set back in nov.@crobar. he started out with some techy stuff and then went strait into breakbeat and electro sounding stuff. played that robot track that was on Mr.C's essential mix. tords the end of his set he played some more melotic stuff like wavy gravy & cosmos and the like then it was over.

got home at like 7am and slet til around 12pm then it was up and off to orlando with mimi and danny...

got there around 8pm. found a cheesy gheto hotel and got ready to hit icon. got to icon at around 10:30pm and ran right into carrie, rob, megan, john keading(sp?) and a few others. after some drama with a friend we headed inside. there was hardly anyone there at all, but it was early. it didn't get bussy til like 1am or so and it never got packed. when it did finely get bussy the crowd seemed to love it as they were yelling and screaming and dancing all night. went up stairs and hungout for a bit. lucy shows up with her jetset blue sunglasses and is the center of attention for like 10 minutes (picture time folks). i then see this huge skyscraper of a guy that kinda looks like a bean pole named geoff...glad you made it out! then maya walks in and soon after lee goes on. it was like 12:30am or so. if i thought lee's set in miami was good then i was in for a treat because his set in orlando blew miami out of the water! it was like he took his miami set and edited out all the best tracks and then played them in orlando! god am i glad i went! it was much to short though, ended at 3am but the fun was just starting!

after they kicked everyone out we all hungout behind the dj box for aboub 15 minutes while lee sorted out the after party then we all went outside and said our goodbys to those that would not be going (you lot missed the best set of the year!).

got into the car with lee, erminio from balance, his wife dawn and her friend and headed off to mike herazika's(sp?) house. got there around 3:45ish and mike was playing. he was on for about 45 minutes or so then justin scott dixson came on for about the same...then it was the moment we had all been waiting for. Mr. lee burridge took the decks at around 5am and it was all mental from there! i've been hearing over the years from all the londoners say the tyrant after partys are the sickest things ever created but i had never experianced one first hand til now. boy are they right! this was the best set i've heard all year and one of the best i've ever heard in my life! take a trippy, dubby base ala craig richards groovetech & tyrant vol.1, add 1/2 cup of swayzak and a 1/4 cup of terry francis...then a table spoon of trippy vocals and a tea spoon of horn solos all piched between 100 & 120 bpms and you have one of the best sets ever! that is exactly what lee sounded like at this after party! awsome!! def. mind fuck music!! this is what i've waited for for years and this is what it is all about! this after party was better then both the miami set AND the icon set. had to leave at like 9am cause my only ride back to the hotel (lucy) was leaving and i couldn't aford to miss it as if i did i would have been stranded in orlando.

any way. got back to the hotel, slept for like 2 hours and then started the long trip back to fort lauderdale. got back here at around 5pm and promptly fell on my face. wasn't able to peel it off my bed til like 12am.

what a weekend! def. one of the best i've had and well worth it! it was good to see the whole crew again! i had a blast! we must do it again sometime soon!!