Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how long will i be out of commission for?

you probably don't want to go out at all tonight or tommorrow. i stayed home for a week when i had mine out. they gave me crappy painkillers. make sure they give you perkasets and not codeines, or what ever analgesic is good these days.

i hope you feel better by wednesday.

Originally posted by echostar

im getting all 4 wisdom teeth out today

and is drinking tonight a bad idea?

.. . Well, it depends on a couple of different factors . . . I had one removed, and the night after the proceedure I rolled without incident. . . Having four out at one time is kind of extreme. . Do you know whether your doctor is gonna use local anesthetic or not? . . If they gas you, you'll probably be waay to groggy even to think about drinking, not to mention the fact that once all the drugs wear off hours later, you're gonna be in alot of pain . .

Originally posted by hotcheme

you probably don't want to go out at all tonight or tommorrow. i stayed home for a week when i had mine out. they gave me crappy painkillers. make sure they give you perkasets and not codeines, or what ever analgesic is good these days.

i hope you feel better by wednesday.

im not really "going out" anywhere, a friend like 5 min away said "wanna come pound some booze after you get your teeth pulled?" so i said yeah

im definitely making sure i get percs though

i just didnt know if alcohol was bad for your mouth or whatever after surgery, but i guess we'll find out!

When I had mine out the pain was pretty bad... didn't feel like doin anything for a while... but then again I didn't get good pain killers either. I don't see why drinking would be bad for your mouth... generally anything with alcohol in it is a sterilizer and won't promote infections (beer does have bacteria, but nothing that should affect an open cut). Hope this doesn't affect your ability to bounce around on wednesday :)

Originally posted by echostar

im getting all 4 wisdom teeth out today

and is drinking tonight a bad idea?

Depends on what you consider to be out of commision, I will tell you this though...........if you're getting all 4 out at once, your cheeks are gonna look like a chipmunk. They'll be calling you Alvin for a few days.

go to your local supermarket and pickup a young one, she will make it all better. This way u won't even have to kiss her. ;)

ANYWAY, gluck with your operation.... my mom won't let me get mine pulled because she thinks there is a high risk involved. Something about losing all facial sensation because a large nerve runs right by your wisdom teeth. Ask your doc is u can drink after. :)

I AM NOT GOING TO LIE, I HAD ALL FOUR AT ONE I TIME, THE TOP TWO WERE EASY. THE BOTTOM TWO WERE IMPACKDED AND MAN WAS I IN FREAKIN' PAIN AND I LOOKED LIKE A CHIPMUNK FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS. BUT THAT'S ME. REMEBER TO TAKE YOUR PAIN KILLERS AT LEAST 1/2 AN HOUR BEFORE YOU EXPECT THEM TO WEAR OFF, CUZ IT IS THE MOST ANNOYING FEELING IN THE WORLD. THE STICHES AREN'T BAD AT ALL. THEY KNOCKED ME OUT UNDER A LOCAL BUT I WOKE UP RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT AS THEY WERE PULLING ONE OUT. IT TOOK THEM ABOUT .5 SECONDS TO KNOCK ME OUT AGAIN. GET PLENTY OF PAIN PILLS. IT WAS REALLY BAD FOR ME I HOPE YOUR'S GO BETTER.

Originally posted by teklord310

go to your local supermarket and pickup a young one, she will make it all better. This way u won't even have to kiss her. ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

yeeeeeaaahhhh supermarket and stuff...

I got one taken out last friday

and I didn't think it was going to be that bad

but trust me you won't wanna go out

Your mouth is gonna be beyond swolen and u wont be able to open your mouth cause of the stiches

plus u will be all types of fucked up from the meds

im gettin the other 3 done late aug

but 1 was painful

good luck