Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Questions about VIP club...

ryno

Originally posted by vicman

its also a known fact that teh best clubs in the world dont really have a dress code, or they are very lax. and it actually makes sense, if the place is a cub where you go to dance you need to be comfortable, especially for the type of music we listen to.

After all, Buzz@Nation was rated the #1 clubnight in the USA by URB magazine (last year, was it?).

And Nation is rated the #1 club in DC on washingtonpost.com.

Hell yeah, the best clubs in the world don't have a dress-code...but then patrons usually go for the music and DJ's. :D:D:D

So, you don't normally get scum...just generally cool people (by scum I also mean ppl with bad attitudes).

Originally posted by ryno

Sorry. I guess I didn't include it in my original post. Digital City said the funk band was playing at Felix on Sat. so I didn't see how shady could be spinning there if a funk band is booked to play.

there are 2 floors at Felix...band plays on the first floor, shady spins in the second floor..like Heaven i would suppose, 1st floor is who knows what, second is where they have the other stuff

Originally posted by raver_mania

After all, Buzz@Nation was rated the #1 clubnight in the USA by URB magazine (last year, was it?).

And Nation is rated the #1 club in DC on washingtonpost.com.

Hell yeah, the best clubs in the world don't have a dress-code...but then patrons usually go for the music and DJ's. :D:D:D

So, you don't normally get scum...just generally cool people (by scum I also mean ppl with bad attitudes).

werd.

Just a interesting bit of info for you guys. I went to Washington Post's online chat yesterday called Got Plans? Basically all the people from the Post who know about entertainment (ie theater, nightlife, attractions) in D.C. answer users' questions. Here is my question and response.

Fair Oaks, VA: Hey Gurus! I want to take my friend from out of town to either VIP or Dream. Problem is, what I've heard of these places is that they are built for 4,000, but only 400 show up. Any of you know a good 21-and-up club that is large, gets packed, and plays techno/house instead of regurgitated top-40? My friend is used to the Amphitheater in Tampa, so I'm trying to represent here!

The Going Out Gurus: Who've you been talking to, Fair Oaks? People complain to me that those places -- especially Dream -- are TOO crowded. Go to Dream. Lots of house and electronic dance music. I was there two Saturdays ago and could barely walk through the second floor to get to the stairs (at like 12:30 or so). Platinum gets full on Saturdays as well. VIP is full on Fridays, not too crowded, but that will give you some room. And they play the music you want. -- Fritz

Originally posted by ryno

Just a interesting bit of info for you guys. I went to Washington Post's online chat yesterday called Got Plans? Basically all the people from the Post who know about entertainment (ie theater, nightlife, attractions) in D.C. answer users' questions. Here is my question and response.

ok dude, you shouldve mentioned that your friend is used to the Amphitheatre in Tampa. I lived in Tampa for 3 years, went to grad school there, trust me, with some of the talentr thats been passing through Amphitheatre recently, he/she will not like Dream, but if you want to go ahead and your friend there, its totally up to you. Dream blows monkey's ass, aside from their opening night, its gone downhill fast. You want a lunch buffet while your trying to dance to cheesey dance music? then Dreams your place. Go ahead go to Dream and see for yourself if you like it, youlike it, if you dont you dont. Only one way to find out, just go.

the place in itself is very nice. just the music isnt for me. the times i've gone they had "electronic dance music" on the second floor...basically a guy spinning a few trance anthems, then changing it to house..then putting on some deep house..then putting in some old cheese like delirium, then putting a techno track, then putting deep house, then epic trance....ugh....

third floor was salsa and merengue while the roof was r&b, hip-hop and some rap..its a seen and be seen type of place...i guess i woudl only go back for their dinner buffets :laugh:

chicken wings all over the dance floor is not what i associate with good dance clubs..pole grinding is an epidemic there :eek: