Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Survey: Pioneer CDJ-1000 or Technics Turntables!?

Guest funkysoul

Guest funkysoul

Sup everyone,

Heres a question for ya'll.

The pinoeer cdj-1000 has been out for a while.

This unit can do almost everything a turntable can.

Is the END of djs spinning on vinyl due to this pioneer CDJ- 1000 creation?

lg25859.jpg

or

SL1200M3D_xl.jpg

Lemme hear ya thoughts on this one please.

Peace!...Download the Music

personally I think Vinyl will live forever....the Pioneer dj is just a piece of equipment which complements the turntable...it is more convienece rather than a replacement...(if you don't have a track on vinyl...you can still play it on cd)...the days of the technics will never end...just my opinion:D

Originally posted by mylexicon

personally I think Vinyl will live forever....the Pioneer dj is just a piece of equipment which complements the turntable...it is more convienece rather than a replacement...(if you don't have a track on vinyl...you can still play it on cd)...the days of the technics will never end...just my opinion:D

werd...i completely agree. reiterating what was said, i think the pionner cdj-1000 is more of an addition than a replacement. more fun to add to the dj setup if u will.

i don't think the advancement of cd technology and mp3's, etc will ever make vinyl/turntables die out. i luv vinyl and think that personally it sounds better than cd's and u are able to manipulate it more while spinning. most any dj who's been spinning for a while (even if they do play cd's as well) will tell u vinyl is where their heart is. of course, if u're an mp3 whore, the answer will be the opposite.

VinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinyl

it's NEVER going to die, it doesn't matter how far into the future we're talking.

It has a warm sound in and of itself, and there are things you can do with vinyl that you just CAN"T do with a cd deck. (At least not with the same feel or precision).

Either way, if you want the economical solution to being a "dj" (and i use quotes if you choose a CD deck), then the CDJ is for you. Music is cheaper and easier to burn and use.

If you want to be a Waxhead and buy the original stuff, go Technics. Figure if you ever have any aspirations of spinning out of your bedroom, Technics are the way to go. Not everybody will have CD decks.

I think Vinyl will stay. It's part of the mystique of the DJ... everyone has CD's, but only DJ's still work with vinyl, it's like an art form. Yeah, airbrush and digital art and 3D and all these things are out but oil paintings and pen and inks and charcoal sketches will always be classic. Same with CD's vs. Vinyl