Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turntable help

thx for your reply. what are the differences? I am a begginer, but I want stuff that is good and will last a long time, so i dont have to run out and buy new shit if i get good. I have alot more CD's then records, but I never see the big name DJ's using them, so I was gonna go that route.

Originally posted by liquidflow

thx for your reply. what are the differences? I am a begginer, but I want stuff that is good and will last a long time, so i dont have to run out and buy new shit if i get good. I have alot more CD's then records, but I never see the big name DJ's using them, so I was gonna go that route.

If you want stability and reliability, go with the Technics........everything else feels like rubber bands and paperclips compared to Technics.......CD's seem to be the way of the future, i prefer vinyl, but alot of big name DJ's spin off CD's ...... I hate to break it to everyone but : DANNY TENAGLIA spins most of his music off of CD's, so maybe a CDJ would be better for you

from interview with DJ times

DJ Times: How have CDs changed what you do?

Tenaglia: CDs are a Godsend for me. I used to travel with a lot of acetates, and not only are they heavy, but they wear out, and God forbid, you wouldn’t want to lose them. And now I have the capabilities of traveling with two boxes of records, and all my really important, private stuff on CD, and each one holds 74, 80 minutes. If I carry two books of that, 200 CDs each, I’ve got an incredible collection on the road with me. I have tons of a cappellas with me at all times, sound effects, everything’s loaded up right on cue. To do that with a record, it’s work. It’s already work – locate that CD, put it in, cue it up. But to have it on acetate, to cue it back, the needle would keep skipping; acetates are not friendly that way. So for me, CDs, as far as looping, that master tempo feature, I love it. I’d say 50-percent of my night is CDs. Even if I buy the record, I’ll burn it on CD.