Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 8/1

weyes

sigh - sometimes you have to spend a good deal of money in order to save a larger sum in the future; you know, preventative medicine (health, cars, etc.). it may seem like a lot now, but it's nothing compared to what it could amount to in the future .

misc41.gif

tune in tomorrow.

yeah, thats what some people do not realize, or they are simply just cheap. one thing is to save $ and not overspend, but another is being simply cheap.

also sometimes if you want to live comfortable you also need to spend $$ (within limits), but I cant live in a dumpy place. been haggling my roomates about getting living room furniture for sometime now and they never did anything until i finally went and got it myself, then they were"wtf?! why didnt you tell us?"

Originally posted by vicman

...been haggling my roomates about getting living room furniture for sometime now and they never did anything until i finally went and got it myself, then they were"wtf?! why didnt you tell us?"

do you mean that they were

a) glad when you bought the furniture or

B) that they didn't understand how badly you wanted it and were pissed that you went and bought it, expecting them to pay you back?

i think it was more of B.

i really cant stand to live in a crappy place anymore. i mean, when i was a student i understood that along with my roomates at the time we didnt make alot of $ so we basically got stuff as it came along, a chair here, table there, a sofa over there...we had an "eclectic" repetoir of furniture to say the least.

now that i work and have roomates that work, i do expect them to pitch in to making the apartment look decent, or rather nice. i'm not talking anything expensive or high style mind you, but having a living room with no furniture and wires all over the place, is not the type of place i want to come home to everyday.

needless, i also did not feel comfortable in havig people over because there was no place for them to sit, and the place looked ghetto. so i think theye were more upset that i went out and bought the stuff without telling them i was going to that precise date, but i had told them before and reiterated it on numerous ocassions with no response other than "yeah, we have to get that stuuf" only for it to be totally forgotten after 5 seconds.

that's wack, vic. and i know what you mean. it's a horrible situation when you're embarrassed to have people over; it's really unfair to feel ashamed of where you live because of the way your roommates keep (or, rather, don't keep) house :no: .

i tell one of 'em, "ok so if your datig someone and want to bring them home for some action, would you feel comfortable bringing them in to this dump?" he says "no" but he doest really do anything about it.

finally got my sofa on saturday, i'm just waiting for one more peice of furniture, then get some stuff to spruce the place up a bit.

Vic sometimes all it takes is one nice piece of furniture. When I was in undergrad, my parents gave me this kick ass sofa from Ethan Allen and it was sooooo comfy and looked so expensive (it probably was), but everyone would comment what a dope pad I had. I guess they didn't notice the target coffee table and milk crate entertainment center.

Originally posted by joeygk

Vic sometimes all it takes is one nice piece of furniture. When I was in undergrad, my parents gave me this kick ass sofa from Ethan Allen and it was sooooo comfy and looked so expensive (it probably was), but everyone would comment what a dope pad I had. I guess they didn't notice the target coffee table and milk crate entertainment center.

target coffee table??? my old roommates had one made out of cardboard :laugh: !

i was flipping thorugh cahnnels yestareday and stopped for a hew minutes in HGTV...they made a side table from a palstic garbage can put a round glass top over it and a nice fabric over it to conceal the garbage can. obviously the garbage can was clean and they just put piloows and stuff in the garbage can so it would also serve as a storage area...kinda crafty..i might do that myslef.