Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i fell in love today...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An Acura NSX...

Mmmmmmm Yeah they're nice. Too bad they're so horribly underpowered for the price you pay.

Though i have to admit an NSX with a Comptech supercharger is a horribly fast piece of machinery.

Welcome to 425hp and 305 ft-lb of torque...

Though i consider that kind of sad, because my car puts out more power than that with a basic turbo upgrade

compnsx.jpg

Versus the TRD 2000GT MR2

02.gif01.gif

14.gif

sw20-trd2000gt.jpg

Sorry man... i'd give the win to the deuce :)

Originally posted by cintron

An Acura NSX...

Mmmmmmm Yeah they're nice. Too bad they're so horribly underpowered for the price you pay.

Though i have to admit an NSX with a Comptech supercharger is a horribly fast piece of machinery.

Welcome to 425hp and 305 ft-lb of torque...

Though i consider that kind of sad, because my car puts out more power than that with a basic turbo upgrade

compnsx.jpg

Versus the TRD 2000GT MR2

Sorry man... i'd give the win to the deuce :)

as cute as those toys are, eric... I think we both know you can squeeze out a lot more power (and boost) with that beautiful piece of machinery that is the mitsubishi 4g63 engine, with a lot less work ;)

I'm not positive but didn't that 'vette come with crossfire injection? What were they thinking with that? I would go with a small block crate motor, drop it right in and go. No bs'ing around with motor mounts or lack of room. The great thing about those vettes was the location of the engine in relation to the rear wheels. That's one reason why they never went ahead with building a production vette with an engine amidships like the NSX. They did build a few proto types with the mid engine configuration in the sixies.

Originally posted by Crackorn

I'm not positive but didn't that 'vette come with crossfire injection? What were they thinking with that? I would go with a small block crate motor, drop it right in and go. No bs'ing around with motor mounts or lack of room. The great thing about those vettes was the location of the engine in relation to the rear wheels. That's one reason why they never went ahead with building a production vette with an engine amidships like the NSX. They did build a few proto types with the mid engine configuration in the sixies.

the 81-82 came with missfire-injection... 79 was carb...

Originally posted by joeg

as cute as those toys are, eric... I think we both know you can squeeze out a lot more power (and boost) with that beautiful piece of machinery that is the mitsubishi 4g63 engine, with a lot less work ;)

Actually, Joe... the upper limit for horsepower i've seen with the 4g63 has been in the range of 600-700hp.

The upper limit for the 3sgte is somewhere around 1000.

If you don't believe me, ask Top Secret racing :)

Toyota engines are overbuilt for a reason ;)

Actually, Joe... the upper limit for horsepower i've seen with the 4g63 has been in the range of 600-700hp.

The upper limit for the 3sgte is somewhere around 1000.

If you don't believe me, ask Top Secret racing :)

Toyota engines are overbuilt for a reason ;)

with enough money we can run 10's with a 1984 plymoth colt.... but i'm talking about reasonable amounts of money...

with a stock 4g63 and a stock 3sgte, the dsm would definately have the advantage...

with enough money we can run 10's with a 1984 plymoth colt.... but i'm talking about reasonable amounts of money...

with a stock 4g63 and a stock 3sgte, the dsm would definately have the advantage...

Depends. US-Spec or Jspec ;)

*sigh* we ALWAYS get shafted in the states when it comes to cool cars and cool engines. Jspec deuces have no problem making 400-500hp on a stock unopened engine.

speaking of shitty cars and being blueballed by the foreign market (and our own "shitty gas guzzling poor handling SUV's are safer than small good handling sports cars" public mentality)

has anybody seen the Mitsubishi Lancer... "O.Z. Rally Edition" ?

Is anybody else as equally disgusted as I am about the fact it has bottom of the line 15" OZ wheels, Limo-quality suspension and an engine that a Cuisinart could outrun?

Am I the only one screaming here at the injustice of the trendy wannabe-hip crowd destroying all our chance of getting anything decent by buying into the hip and trendy corporate image these pieces of shit cars create?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

[just learns that plans to bring a turbocharged MR2 spyder over have been "indefinitely postponed"... fucking EPA. Fucking yuppies. I blame Dave Matthews, corporate America and anybody who thinks anything coming out of Mitsubishi these days to the US is a "fun cool car".]

Depends. US-Spec or Jspec ;)

*sigh* we ALWAYS get shafted in the states when it comes to cool cars and cool engines. Jspec deuces have no problem making 400-500hp on a stock unopened engine.

speaking of shitty cars and being blueballed by the foreign market (and our own "shitty gas guzzling poor handling SUV's are safer than small good handling sports cars" public mentality)

has anybody seen the Mitsubishi Lancer... "O.Z. Rally Edition" ?

Is anybody else as equally disgusted as I am about the fact it has bottom of the line 15" OZ wheels, Limo-quality suspension and an engine that a Cuisinart could outrun?

Am I the only one screaming here at the injustice of the trendy wannabe-hip crowd destroying all our chance of getting anything decent by buying into the hip and trendy corporate image these pieces of shit cars create?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

[just learns that plans to bring a turbocharged MR2 spyder over have been "indefinitely postponed"... fucking EPA. Fucking yuppies. I blame Dave Matthews, corporate America and anybody who thinks anything coming out of Mitsubishi these days to the US is a "fun cool car".]

that mr2 will get here the same day the evo does... the day after never...

I can only thank the car gods that they left the same engine in the US DSMs as they have in the Jspec Eclipses & EVOs...

fucking hippies...

:mad:

i find it amusing that i created a thread in which i can't understand, at first glance, half of what is being discussed. if i could be bothered, i'd look all of this up on the web, but... well, i hope you'll forgive me if i let you all continue :]

Originally posted by wideskies

i find it amusing that i created a thread in which i can't understand, at first glance, half of what is being discussed. if i could be bothered, i'd look all of this up on the web, but... well, i hope you'll forgive me if i let you all continue :]

i just think it's cool you, a FEMALE :), started a thread about loving a particular car... props on being atypical n' stuff.

Originally posted by wideskies

*winks* i'm just kissing ass so these guys will let me drive their cars around.

it takes a lot more than kissing ass to dri--- uhhh... i mean...

yeah, you can drive it... ;)

*loses keys*

that mr2 will get here the same day the evo does... the day after never...

I can only thank the car gods that they left the same engine in the US DSMs as they have in the Jspec Eclipses & EVOs...

fucking hippies...

:mad:

Evo VIII is coming (yes 8) so just be patient...hopefully we won't get shafted with a diluted USDM model...but it IS cummin'...

Originally posted by dancingyro

Evo VIII is coming (yes 8) so just be patient...hopefully we won't get shafted with a diluted USDM model...but it IS cummin'...

if we got shafted with the WRX, we'll get shafted with the EVO.

and i highly doubt the MR-S is going to become an MR-ST. :(

It would've been nice having a 2200lb deuce that packed 255hp out of the box :(