Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IBIZA!! It's true...It's all true :)~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jonbawls28

i dont know how lawler would have sounded on the terrace at space (he never plays inside) anyway, he plays some real deep tribal shit (lights out is the sickest cd ever!) and that terrace is all funky house (which is great on a sunny day in ibiza)....next sat. kleinenberg is gonna be at vinyl,oh sorry "ARC", i am def. going to that, i saw him in ibiza and he wasnt that good, but he was opening for tong so he probably couldn't get into his groove and blow tong out of the water...but let me know the next time u are going out in nyc, i will def. meet up

I think he would have been sick out in the terrace! We missed him, he was there that past Sunday! My boyfriend made me order his CD from Global Underground beause it wasn't getting to the states for another month.....he loves Steve Lawler! He was so sad that he wasn't there...lol! I ended up paying like $60 because I had it over Fed Ex'd I like cd #2 better than #1! How about you?

Hey How often did you eat out there! We saved a lot $$ on food..lol! we just ate to stay alive..I lost like 8 pounds! That was one vacation where I did not have to worry about gainning weight! We did bring a lot of Vitamins (B6, C & E) with us and made sure we drank a lot of water!

Yup, next time we're in NYC I'll let you know but I'll tell you, I did a lot of shit & clubbing out there, I think to last me till next summer in Ibiza...lol!

Originally posted by bodynsoul

I wouldn't mind going around the same time I did this year but a lot of people told us to come back for the ending parties in September!

u just have to be careful how u time the closing parties, because space is the last club to close, and if u are there for that, a couple of the other clubs may be closed already.....i didnt spend alot of $ on food at all, but i ate really good, coastline was my favorite place to eat, $20 meal....and it was unreal.....i think that u are thinking of a dif. steve lawler cd, the one i have is the new lights out, if u are thinking of the same one, then yea i def. agree that cd 2 is better, lawler has such a unique sound, u should download some of his older shit for ur boyfriend, then he will really love lawler....if he likes lawler, u guys should try and check out kleinenberg at arc, he plays alot of tribal shit too.....but i do have to agree, after a week in ibiza, the desire to go out at home is just not there, especially if i go to a place where i have to dress up, worry about bringing girls, and getting searched...oh man, i just want to be back in ibiza already, at least we have the wmc in march, to somewhat hold us over.

u just have to be careful how u time the closing parties, because space is the last club to close, and if u are there for that, a couple of the other clubs may be closed already.....i didnt spend alot of $ on food at all, but i ate really good, coastline was my favorite place to eat, $20 meal....and it was unreal.....i think that u are thinking of a dif. steve lawler cd, the one i have is the new lights out, if u are thinking of the same one, then yea i def. agree that cd 2 is better, lawler has such a unique sound, u should download some of his older shit for ur boyfriend, then he will really love lawler....if he likes lawler, u guys should try and check out kleinenberg at arc, he plays alot of tribal shit too.....but i do have to agree, after a week in ibiza, the desire to go out at home is just not there, especially if i go to a place where i have to dress up, worry about bringing girls, and getting searched...oh man, i just want to be back in ibiza already, at least we have the wmc in march, to somewhat hold us over.

yes we are! The Lights out...it came in a cute little pouch..lol! Oh Yeah, he's been following him for quite some time now. He has a lot of his old shit. When he heard he was going to be at Vynil, he was like "we are there!"

I was just telling my friend here at work, that I have no desire to go out to any clubs right now also for similar reasons!! I want to go back :mad:

Whe would you go back next summer?

Originally posted by PFloyd40

CARL FAWKING COX 8 HOUR SET AT SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE :D :D :D

You Bastard!!!! You are going to fall in love out there!

When you get there go to Bora Bora or Ibiza Town Garijo Street right by the port and go to Base or rock bar before hitting the clubs!

Also let me ask you, there was this song I kept hearing? I don't know the name of it.....it had that scene from pulp fiction where Samuel l jackson was in the diner with travolta and he's preaching????? Smothing about, My name is the Lord??? I don't know, I can't make it out but do you know what I'm talking about...lol??

another song I want is, "no, no, no.....you don't love me and I know now....." with a phat beat behind it????

ooooh and one more! "keep your head up.....keep your head up by, I think Harry choo choo romero???

These 3 songs really stand out in my head for some reason!

IBIZA....the vacation you wont remember nothing off but never forget....lol!! That's me:cool:

I was there too guys, just got back on Monday!

I am so jealous of all you guys that are going soon, I want to be there right now! I just got chills thinking about it, and the time that you guys are going to have.

oh, boy! I am so going next year!

Also let me ask you, there was this song I kept hearing? I don't know the name of it.....it had that scene from pulp fiction where Samuel l jackson was in the diner with travolta and he's preaching????? Smothing about, My name is the Lord??? I don't know, I can't make it out but do you know what I'm talking about...lol??

another song I want is, "no, no, no.....you don't love me and I know now....." with a phat beat behind it????

ooooh and one more! "keep your head up.....keep your head up by, I think Harry choo choo romero???

IBIZA....the vacation you wont remember nothing off but never forget....lol!! That's me:cool:

That song with you know my name is the lord, it could be a song that is on Micro's last CD, Microtech, I don't know if it's the one you are taling about. But there is a song on that CD that has that in it! Hope that helps...

hey glowgrl, when is that pic of armin van burin from? i was there at the end of july, and i ate dinner at coastline at the table next to him, he is a mad cool guy....i thought that all of those pre-parties were almost as good as the clubs, it is sick how all of the djs spin at these little places, these were the best times too meet all of the djs...also u have more balls than me for taking a pic at space, when i was there, i saw them take some guy's camera....i already had way too many pics on there too have it taken away (although it would have been worth the risk for a pic of me with smokin jo)

july 9th...Coastline was definetely awesome! and FREE! My boyfriend spoke to Armin and told him NOT to spin @ Exit cuz its the worst NYC club...and he said "I know...plus Im mad at them for the fact that they used MY FACE to get people to go to their club when they knew I couldnt be there"

...hehehe

Originally posted by prplhz

I was there too guys, just got back on Monday!

I am so jealous of all you guys that are going soon, I want to be there right now! I just got chills thinking about it, and the time that you guys are going to have.

oh, boy! I am so going next year!

See I knew there were more NY people. I guess we just blended in with the euros...lol! They were mad cool though, I love they treated us with up most respect and they were so happy to know that people from the States are able to appreciate Ibiza like they do.

We all had an amazing time and we all want to go back so I think we should stick to it and set it up by next April! I know I wish I was there still, the time just went to quick and I never even made it to the Castle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am listening to steve lawler's lights out right now!!!! i think that prpl is right about the samuel jackson song, i didnt hear it in ibiza, but i do remember hearing the voice over used on a micro album, the song "keep your head up..." is called "Get Your Head Up" and it is choo-choo, it is on erick morillo's new cd....i'm not sure about the other song, is it a guy or girl singing?...the songs that i loved down there were the same songs that i have been listening to at home, but they just sounded so much better in ibiza:

sting me red - who da funk

take me with you (no vocal) - cosmos

thriller - jacko (i don't know why, but when tong dropped it i went nuts)

love story - layo & bushwaka

it just won't do - tim deluxe (they played live at punta es moli)

in my memory - tiesto

i went in that castle, it is pretty sick....i want to go back the same time next year, it is less packed than the opening & closing parties, plus radio weekend is great, i just want to spend a couple of days in barcelona first, maybe like a thurs - sun in barcelona, then get to ibiza in time for 1/2 of sunday at space

i am listening to steve lawler's lights out right now!!!! i think that prpl is right about the samuel jackson song, i didnt hear it in ibiza, but i do remember hearing the voice over used on a micro album, the song "keep your head up..." is called "Get Your Head Up" and it is choo-choo, it is on erick morillo's new cd....i'm not sure about the other song, is it a guy or girl singing?...the songs that i loved down there were the same songs that i have been listening to at home, but they just sounded so much better in ibiza:

sting me red - who da funk

take me with you (no vocal) - cosmos

thriller - jacko (i don't know why, but when tong dropped it i went nuts)

love story - layo & bushwaka

it just won't do - tim deluxe (they played live at punta es moli)

in my memory - tiesto

i went in that castle, it is pretty sick....i want to go back the same time next year, it is less packed than the opening & closing parties, plus radio weekend is great, i just want to spend a couple of days in barcelona first, maybe like a thurs - sun in barcelona, then get to ibiza in time for 1/2 of sunday at space

That sound like a great idea! Yeah I enjoyed Ibiza the time I was there also. I heard Aug is too packed and more expensive! Although if I have the time and $$ I would be there fo the whole summer! Everyone I met out here were staying for like 3 to 4 months...how is that possible! Damn Euros, they have the life!

I wouldn't mind checking out Barcelona! How many days of vacation do you get? See I get 20 personal and vac days to with what ever I want!!! a year!

That sound like a great idea! Yeah I enjoyed Ibiza the time I was there also. I heard Aug is too packed and more expensive! Although if I have the time and $$ I would be there fo the whole summer! Everyone I met out here were staying for like 3 to 4 months...how is that possible! Damn Euros, they have the life!

I wouldn't mind checking out Barcelona! How many days of vacation do you get? See I get 20 personal and vac days to with what ever I want!!! a year!

20 days thats pretty sick!!!!! well, considering that i got fired yesterday, i guess for now i have 365 vacation days (although i really hope that changes soon) i have no idea how anyone can stay the whole summer....i met two girls from vancouver who just flew down there, landed a job promoting for a bar (a real shit one in san antonio) and got an apt. thats a little too nuts for me, but whenever i told a european that i was only going to be there a week, they were in shock, and when i said that i only had 2 weeks vacation a year, they nearly fainted!! i heard the same about it getting too packed in august, i also think that 2nd time is gonna be so much better, because now we know what to do, and what not to do (see shit bars in san ant.)

20 days thats pretty sick!!!!! well, considering that i got fired yesterday, i guess for now i have 365 vacation days (although i really hope that changes soon) i have no idea how anyone can stay the whole summer....i met two girls from vancouver who just flew down there, landed a job promoting for a bar (a real shit one in san antonio) and got an apt. thats a little too nuts for me, but whenever i told a european that i was only going to be there a week, they were in shock, and when i said that i only had 2 weeks vacation a year, they nearly fainted!! i heard the same about it getting too packed in august, i also think that 2nd time is gonna be so much better, because now we know what to do, and what not to do (see shit bars in san ant.)

I'm sorry to here that! I hope you find something soon!

Those girls are nuts...lol! but I love it! Yeah next year will be a lot better! I want it to be next year already! Don't forget to send me those pics!

Originally posted by prplhz

That song with you know my name is the lord, it could be a song that is on Micro's last CD, Microtech, I don't know if it's the one you are taling about. But there is a song on that CD that has that in it! Hope that helps...

Thanks ;)

I just want to go back back back back back!!!!!!

Can't retreave my pics :( I have to check into it!

Also, for you all that are going to Ibiza and are not with a tour group. make sure you reserve your seats on all your flights. I almost got stuck in Madrid for a day because our flight was booked and they don't seem to care to much in Spain. It's not like in NY where you can complain and they'll fix it. Oh and if your flight is delayed in NY, most likely you will miss you connecting flight in Madrid or Barcelona. If that's the case make sure you tell the people from JFK to reserve you seats for the next available flight out to Ibiza. Make sure that you see your seats reserved on paper. Iberia really screwed us over with that. We thought we had the next flight reserved when in reality we were on satnd by. From Madrid, we had to fly to Barcelona and than to Ibiza. It was crazy. I felt like I was in the amazing race, running around Madrid and Barcelona Airport. The airports in Madird and Bacelona are so confusing and huge and overwhealming so just keep calm. Oh, and always pick up your bags after each flight and re-check them.

Can't retreave my pics :( I have to check into it!

Also, for you all that are going to Ibiza and are not with a tour group. make sure you reserve your seats on all your flights. I almost got stuck in Madrid for a day because our flight was booked and they don't seem to care to much in Spain. It's not like in NY where you can complain and they'll fix it. Oh and if your flight is delayed in NY, most likely you will miss you connecting flight in Madrid or Barcelona. If that's the case make sure you tell the people from JFK to reserve you seats for the next available flight out to Ibiza. Make sure that you see your seats reserved on paper. Iberia really screwed us over with that. We thought we had the next flight reserved when in reality we were on satnd by. From Madrid, we had to fly to Barcelona and than to Ibiza. It was crazy. I felt like I was in the amazing race, running around Madrid and Barcelona Airport. The airports in Madird and Bacelona are so confusing and huge and overwhealming so just keep calm. Oh, and always pick up your bags after each flight and re-check them.

something really similar happened to me flying home, we flew from ibiza to barcelona, then we thought we were flying to ny....but we flew to madrid, then to ny....all in all it took us almost 17 hrs. to get home. 17 hrs. of me thinking that i never should have left!!!!!

lol...! Getting to Ibiza wasn't to bad because it just added to the excitement but going back we were just over it! We had to fly from Ibiza to Barcelona than London and finally to JFK where we were stuck in for 4 hours because there were 4 other planes infront of us waiting to unboard.

lol...! Getting to Ibiza wasn't to bad because it just added to the excitement but going back we were just over it! We had to fly from Ibiza to Barcelona than London and finally to JFK where we were stuck in for 4 hours because there were 4 other planes infront of us waiting to unboard.

Getting to Ibiza was filled with pure aggrevation & anxiety...We took a million trains to get from Belgium to barcelona...which was about 20 HOURS! ...then figured we'll take a Ferry to from Barcelona to Ibiza...well that didnt work out cuz the Ferry was FULL plus it took 10 hrs...we were running around barcelona like crazy trying to get to an airport...in major traffic...knowing that we had already paid for a hotel that night in Ibiza...FINALLY, got to an airport found a flight on Spanair that was leaving in 45 min...

....woah what a day...but IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!