Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vowels or Consonants?

Hmm... I understood this question to be "Do you prefer vowels or consonants?"

As boring as they are, I think consonants are more important. Take this sentence, first in full, then without vowels, and finally without consonants:

"Consonants are the backbone of our language."

"Cnsnnts r th bckbn f r lngg."

"ooa ae e aoe o ou auae"

I rest my case!

Then again, sex would not be nearly as fun without vowels -- no "oooohs" and "aaahhhs!"

Originally posted by hoke

Hmm... I understood this question to be "Do you prefer vowels or consonants?"

As boring as they are, I think consonants are more important. Take this sentence, first in full, then without vowels, and finally without consonants:

"Consonants are the backbone of our language."

"Cnsnnts r th bckbn f r lngg."

"ooa ae e aoe o ou auae"

I rest my case!

Then again, sex would not be nearly as fun without vowels -- no "oooohs" and "aaahhhs!"

Well there's always "mmmmmmm" and "grrrrrrrrr" and "nnnnggggg" (and if you don't know what nnnnnngggg sounds like I suggest you run out and figure it out for yourself!!!)

e... its the most common letter in the english language. It makes up 12.7% of all letters in any given group of words, granted the group of words is long enough to come up with a meaningful average (i.e. a book instead of a paragraph). <~~~ learned that in cryptography. Yeah I know I'm a dork. :aright:

Originally posted by tastyt

Well there's always "mmmmmmm" and "grrrrrrrrr" and "nnnnggggg" (and if you don't know what nnnnnngggg sounds like I suggest you run out and figure it out for yourself!!!)

Good point! :)