Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sex and the City...

dgmodel

Last semester I took a writing for screen class.....we watched various TV shows every week...we observed & then discussed them...I watch Sex & The City quite frequently but I always thought the script was a little extreme & the show itself was a bit risky...well we watched this show for about 2 weeks & my professor brought it to our attention that the 4 women are supposed to represent not women....but 4 gay men now this made no sense to me at all but my professor said the dialogue of the women are not how average women would speak about men & their sex lives (this doesnt mean a gay man would necessarily do the same thing) but after taking that into consideration it started to make a little more sense..

no i do <3 you... just speaking about the show... i hate all those "man show" type things... i despise... i hate... MAXIM magaine, Stuff magazine all those idiotic periodicals... they make me nauseous... ( i love the pics, i love the women in them but i truly hate the content....

Originally posted by dgmodel

nope i dont have HBO, but i dont live in a cave either... i watched it at my friends house several times, my sister is obsessed with it, and everywhere you turn there are videos of it... so calm down... you dont have to own a car to comment on it, just have to have driven it...

im sure ladies do have convo's similar to that, but im sure... shit im positive their a lot more women who dont... and i dont care whether they talk or not, thats not what i was stating... my grievance is with the show... not reality...

lol...i'm calm luv...I think we should just remember this is only a tv show. Sure it's glitzed, and glammed, and maybe far fetched at times...but we're not talking a reality series here...although points that they do cross are realistic.

...I'm sure if we wanted to get on a critiquing kick, there's plenty of shows around that deserve at least a minute of our time....the thing is not to take the show so seriously....it's meant for entertainment purposes...I'm sure a huge network like HBO really won't miss the ratings from the people who are "Anti- Sex ". It seems to be a very oiled venture for them by now.

Originally posted by marcid21

...I'm sure if we wanted to get on a critiquing kick, there's plenty of shows around that deserve at least a minute of our time....the thing is not to take the show so seriously....it's meant for entertainment purposes...I'm sure a huge network like HBO really won't miss the ratings from the people who are "Anti- Sex ". It seems to be a very oiled venture for them by now.

Yes, some of you are reading waaaay too much into this. Whoever said that a television show had to accurately portray reality in order to be entertaining or successful?