Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kosheen and Groove Armada's Ibiza problems

taken from BBC Radio 1's website:

Ibiza bother for Kosheen and Groove Armada

Last updated 12 August 2002

An Ibiza party hosted by Lynx for a load of competition winners didn't go entirely according to plan over the weekend.

Kosheen and Groove Armada were meant to perform at a venue in San Antonio, but it was flooded in terrible weather conditions.

They then moved somewhere else - a club called Kanya, but there was no time for a sound-check, and the equipment was far from ideal.

Kosheen only played two songs before leaving the stage and Groove Armada did a DJ set instead of performing a proper set.

Both of them also commented on how expensive the White Island seems to be getting at these days. Groove Armada's Tom reckons numbers are down because of the high prices:

"It's not as busy as it was last year, and I think a certain responsibility lies there with the club owners who are charging ridiculous prices for drinks and are pricing people out of the market."

"I find it difficult to afford drinks here, and I'm a DJ. I think the vibe is still here. It's still a beautiful island, but I do think we need to get a little bit of sanity back about what they're charging people. I think it's obscene."

In coming weeks there will be other Lynx nights on the island, at which both Groove Armada and Kosheen should have the chance to play properly. Acts joining them include the Sugababes, and it's all being televised by ITV.