Clubplanet Nightlife Community

age ain't nuthin' but a numba!

weyes

holy crippitty-crap; it's insane! just when i thought it was all coming to an end, i find that it's still going on.

last summer the "guess your age" guy at six flags thought i was six years younger than i am (leaving himself a two year window either way for me not to win a kermit - sucka!!!), but, even though i was a regular moviegoer up to the year before last, i stopped going to movies this past year, so i really couldn't tell if those ridiculous fools were still going to card my ass. what's up with carding at the movies, anyway (r-rated; get yer minds out-the gutta!)?

then, 4 months ago, when i went to the dmv to replace the license i lost, the man at the counter said, "are you here for an under-18 license?"

then a woman asked me today if i went to school x. i hadn't heard of it, so i said, "no, i graduated."

"o," she said, "i thought you might be going to x high."

high school? are these people on crack? flattery will get you everywhere, everyone :D . too bad these people don't try to work me after they say these things; who knows where they'd get :laugh: . anyway, if i discover what fountain of youth has made this 24-year-old look under 18, i'll let you know :) .

people usually tell me that i look 24 or so, especially after i shave and i have no facial hair on me. its flattering to a point, but when i start talking with girls i dig, and making small talk (when i'm just meeting them) its not good :(

Originally posted by vicman

people usually tell me that i look 24 or so, especially after i shave and i have no facial hair on me. its flattering to a point, but when i start talking with girls i dig, and making small talk (when i'm just meeting them) its not good :(

what's not good? looking young?

yeah, they think that i look too young for them...i just say that that should be an incentive :D

what the guy says tells me how old he really is, if we're having a conversation. if we haven't spoken yet, maybe that's another thing. but i generally don't talk about age until pretty late in the game, so that we can actually determine if we're compatible before we let our actual ages tell us how we think we should or shouldn't feel.

im thinking of immediately flshing my i.d everytime is start talking with a girl i dont know :D

ooo - i'd rather not know, at first, though, vic. really, i think people make snap judgments when they hear the numbers. here's a charming rave story that's an example of when that happened to me :D :

i'll try to write a short version, 'cause this is also the story of falling in love and having my heart broken in 12 hours :laugh: . i'll leave all of that stuff out, somehow...

'k, so after all the magical stuff, i was making out with this beautiful boy at a rave at exit (nyc). let me just throw in here that i don't make out with people in clubs, but this was a special case. seriously. but i said i was gonna tell the short version. anycrap, we stopped kissing, and i was still speechless. the guy then said to me, "how old are you?"

"22," i said.

"o," he said, flatly, all signs of life disappearing from his face.

"what, you thought i was younger?" i asked.

"yeah, like 18." he was more than disappointed.

"why? how old are you?" i asked.

"uh, 21," he said, obviously lying.

i don't know why he was stuck on me being younger. but we were doing fine before that buzzkill. we did hang out, talk, etc., for longer than that, the story does continue, but the age thing was weird. we were getting along just fine before that made us uncomfortable :( .

Hey vic,

You're a tough one to guess. Judging by your photo's, you look to have a youngish-looking face and bouncy personality, but with sharp features like you've been toughened up er sumthin.... That must be where the confusion lies

and little side note: the other day, my brother (34 yrs) was approached by the lady who lives upstairs. She asked him how old he thought she was, and he said 37 yrs :eek:

Turns out she's 31, and is pissed off at him now :laugh2:

Goes to show, you can never guess too young an age when dealing with the felines

well talking about age, another b'day is coming up

with women always guess less than what you think, in fact dont even guess, thats waht i have always been told, "never try to guess a woamns age, 'cos it'll only get you in trouble"

next time i'm asked how old i am i'm just gonna say that i'm 127 years old in dog years or something

Originally posted by gmccookny

and little side note: the other day, my brother (34 yrs) was approached by the lady who lives upstairs. She asked him how old he thought she was, and he said 37 yrs :eek:

Turns out she's 31, and is pissed off at him now :laugh2:

Goes to show, you can never guess too young an age when dealing with the felines

that's almost always true. i wouldn't be offended; it's always just weird to find that someone thinks you're anything very far off from what you are. but women who persistently ask are usually insecure about it and'll be upset if you get it right, a little over, a lot over, or not under enough. i think women, in particular, are more sensitive about it because men tend to go for younger women (i don't need to cite celebrity relationships to prove that, do i?) and they don't want to feel as though they're losing their appeal. that isn't to say, of course, that these women shouldn't work on getting over that, though.