Clubplanet Nightlife Community

StreetMiami today...

cooljunkie

The whole dj trend is way out of control, everyone with a computer that can d/l mp3's and burn cds thinks he can be a dj. Half of these people,(maybe more) have no clue about how to read a crowd, work a crowd, create a vibe, etc. However, if you are a REAL jock, you have no worries. Wannabes never succeed in this business, It takes alot of heart, which most of them don't have.

It's a double edged sword - it's great to see dance music getting more recognition, but on the other hand the scene becomes flooded with new DJ's.

That's a large part of the reason why most clubs stick with their residents - they get so many people asking for a shot that they just don't have time to weed through the CD's, and consequently just have a policy of saying 'no'.

However each superstar DJ started somewhere - I think that the people who deserve a shot will have the commitment and drive to find their chance (as in our DJ Spin Off winner ;))

Originally posted by bbflux

Wow. This is getting crazy. Is it me? Or is DJing becoming a fad?

I think so...However i agreee with Nick... Its a double edged sword... Your gonna have the DJ's who dont belong...At the same time it makes it more competitive... Raising standards and skill levels to new heights...

Guest saleen351

HEY I'M A DJ.....

I GO BY THE DJ NAME OF

DJ WINAMP......

HEY COOLJUNKIE, WE ARE ON FOR THAT PROJECT... GOT 2 OF THEM FOR YOU... LES AND MM......

The Street supplement mentions the other aspect too, that some people just can't cut it.

The nightlife industry, unlike other sectors of the entertainment industry, does vote bad talent off the island. The bad DJ talent pool is ever-fluctuating. Yesterday's bad DJs are today's Dairy Queen workers and toll collectors.