Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why I made the switch from EXIT² to THE ROXY on Fridays

After a long time of going to EXIT, I finally got sick of the horrible experience it was to enter those doors. Thank God for SEXY at THE ROXY on Friday nights to give people an alternative scene on a Friday night in NYC. Let me begin to tell you all about the nightmare of going out to EXIT on a Friday night. As you walk up to the joint the line for reduced admission is so much longer because #1) it's cheaper & #2) since it's cheaper they let people in slower.... so they almost force people to just walk in, pay the full $35.00 price... & also fuck over the promoters. which is unlike ROXY... where the guest list table is inside the place, how it should be.... where it doesn't matter how you enter... you can still use the guest list. After entering EXIT and paying there steep $35.00 fee you enter to get molested and mauled by these sleaze security guards, who take off your shoes, grope you, and wut ever else they decide to do. I myself 3 weeks ago, when I objected to the way they searched me when he squeezed my balls, the security guard said "If I don't shut my mouth, he would throw me out before I even stepped in the club" Where at THE ROXY they search you in a humanly fashion for everyone's safety.

The Quality of life & crowd at EXIT has fallen below the levels of anything decent.

Whereas The Crowd at THE ROXY is great looking, young, modern, and SEXY.

The head pounding noise at EXIT is monotonous, too extreme, & irritating.

The music at THE ROXY is pretty good, could be better but it seems to attract all the hot females... if you were there the past 2 weeks you would know wut i mean about the ladies, fuckin INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

The staff at EXIT is rude, nasty, & just plain horrible.... but I suppose how you would act if you worked in a place like EXIT...

THE ROXY has a great staff that is always great to the customers and friendly.. They add to the great party atmosphere

Although I would like to see some international talent in THE ROXY..... so let's wait and see. Similar to what is going on at Centro-Fly & arc.

I know that in the Fall I have heard they have been lining up some international talent and some diverse sound.

Bottom Line... EXIT is a disgrace to the NYC Nightlife Scene... The party is poor.. Everything about it... the staff, the security, the music, the crowd, every god damn thing makes going to EXIT the worst fuckin experience of your life.... so that's why I switched to THE ROXY... I just want to let you all know don't waste your time with EXIT .... THE ROXY is really having some great parties & doing it the way it should be..... It is THE hottest social scene in NYC.... but its just the beginning.... the next 3 weeks at THE ROXY will bring us into the fall with a bang... & it will make an UNFORGETABLE impact on NYC nightlife forever.

Comments? Different Feelings? Questions? Whatever the hell ya wanna say.... Let's hear it....

P.S. i know this has been said and said but I really just gotta fuckin say it again!!!!!!

& whoever posted "i'll never give exit my money again" thread, I'm with you!!!!!!!!

Also... I'm not knocking ARC DT is great, I see him often when i have the energy

Originally posted by billguerin

Everything about it... the staff, the security, the music, the crowd, every god damn thing makes going to EXIT the worst fuckin experience of your life.... so that's why I switched to THE ROXY... I just want to let you all know don't waste your time with EXIT ....

wow, going to Exit was the worst experience of your life? that's not too over-dramatic now is it? oh, and thanks for letting all of us know that we shouldn't go there. I appreciate you looking out for everyone.

:rolleyes:

but in all seriousness, if Roxy is where you're happy than go there. i mean, what the hell else can I say? this topic has been killed many times over and i'm not about to repeat everythign I've said a million times before. but, go where you're happy. not every club is right for eveyone. again, I think your analysis of exit was over-dramatic and slightly pyshcotic, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. oh, one thing that i will comment on is when you said that Roxy is home to the best music in the city. thats a comment coming from someone who hasn't really been around to see everything NYC has to offer.

Guest gabo

there are plenty of parties to go to on a fri night

I am not crazy about roxy or exits party.

btw.. shook, the last two pics in your sig are damn cool!

Originally posted by gabo

there are plenty of parties to go to on a fri night

I am not crazy about roxy or exits party.

btw.. shook, the last two pics in your sig are damn cool!

yeah true i wanted to take fuk pics but she said no LoL

Originally posted by zeeker

I think your analysis of exit was over-dramatic and slightly pyshcotic,

I went there 3 weeks ago for my friends birthday...

and the security guards grabbed our balls. and then when we were like WOAH they wanted to throw us out....

but then the next week went to the roxy.... no problems

and the girls!!!! ooooooooooolala nothing like exit man........ u have to hear where i'm coming from

The staff at EXIT is rude, nasty, & just plain horrible.... but I suppose how you would act if you worked in a place like EXIT...

that is an understatment..........

WHy do you think people continue to go? Tey don't knwo any better or anly scum can get into a palce like EXIT.

wow.... Exit was your worst experience you had??? When I went to Roxy I had the worst time of my life. The security guards at roxy grabbed my balls, so whats the big deal if exit security grabbed your balls??? I'm not gay or anything, but I would rather someone to grabbed my balls then to have a problem that night, like if someone had bring a gun inside......

Originally posted by myke

the roxy makes sure that you do not have weapons.

I've been going to roxy every friday night since the original party... never have they gone out of line searching me.

I know myself at exit have been fuckin harassed.... so lame.

exit sux

haha and yeah, who puts a gun on there balls..... :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that someone would put a gun under balls I was just trying to a make a point that almost any club you go too they are going to grab you to make sure you have nothing there....

Originally posted by myke

you obviously have only been to like exit or SF.... every 21+ club you don't even really get searched... even roxy you only get really checked for weapons for everyone's safety....

exit is the only place i know of where u get molested

Well I've been to Spa, Exit, SF, and Roxy... and what I said was ALMOST any club will search you, I not saying all clubs, I never said that at all.....

you've got to be kidding right..the primary reason for searching is

weapons..secondary is drugs...you don't have to be an F15 fighter

pilot to figure that out..but what I'm hearing is it's the quality of how you search that makes a difference...thats just one small point about the roxy..we're trying to be more friendly, more courteous, more tolerant and more appreciative of our patrons, It's not because another club does or doesn't practice that policy, but because its the right thing to do..you're in the people business. I always ask myself how I would like to be treated in a club. Thats what we try to bring to the roxy as far as hospitality..

I'm sure there's always a fuck up, but if we know about it..we'll straighten it out..The rest such as music, acts is all subjective anyway..but you try to cater to the majority of what your appealing to.

Originally posted by BobG

pilot to figure that out..but what I'm hearing is it's the quality of how you search that makes a difference...thats just one small point about the roxy..we're trying to be more friendly, more courteous, more tolerant and more appreciative of our patrons, It's not because another club does or doesn't practice that policy, but because its the right thing to do..you're in the people business. I always ask myself how I would like to be treated in a club. Thats what we try to bring to the roxy as far as hospitality..

I'm sure there's always a fuck up, but if we know about it..we'll straighten it out..The rest such as music, acts is all subjective anyway..but you try to cater to the majority of what your appealing to.

EXIT has no farking clue anymore........... none at all..............they have lost all and evert aspect of hospitality. IMO.,,,,,, :D

Originally posted by BobG

Dude.. I totally agree what you, man! :laugh:

Originally posted by perns2002

EXIT has no farking clue anymore........... none at all..............they have lost all and evert aspect of hospitality. IMO.,,,,,, :D

hey, getting your balls grabbed sucks no matter where it happens. but it's not like they're doing it for any other reason then for the safety of the people inside. I was actually at Exit last week, and I can tell you that they have definitly noticed people's complaints about the extreme searching that has gone on there. the searches were definitly toned down, and you could tell that security was making an effort...at least a small one.