Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sounds of the Underground - Weekend Plans and Events

djobby

Alright everyone, it's the weekend, we live in Miami and I personally feel like making the best of it. Who is doing what and why? I am not trying to be noisy I am just curious to see what everyone is into.

Tonight I am up for suggestions but I personally will be passing by to check out George Acosta tomorrow, Saturday, just to see what's new on the "dark side". From there I will be shooting over to check out Tiesto considering that his sets can sometimes be melodic and full of inspiring vocals which is what I like (not to mention that he also introduces new tracks to allot of us). Considering that their are not many choices for after hours here in Miami I will probably end up staying at SPACE hoping that the vibe will last.

Although Sunday may be the day to relax. I personally will be passing by Nikki Beach and Pearl just because I feel my weekend should end with an eye full of Miami's finest women.

The SOTU Records Crew wishes everyone a great weekend full of great sounds and fresh beats.

Obby

attachment.php?s=&postid=983899

tonight hitting a bday party for a friend...Mr. Toural will be spinning there for the bday party (hopefully he will throw in New Kids on the Block- Its your Birthday Jimmy's Kendall Remix)....for saturday catching jimmy once again at the Bentley (20 bucks all u can drink, sounds good to me) then hitting Space for Tietso when jimmy's set is done....

ps

obby, u guys still doing that thing on Lola on Fridays?

We have stopped hosting the parties @ Lola for now. The reason for this is because we saw that we were starting to gather an immense and highly respected following @ Lola and the parties were starting to gain momentum, but realistically speaking we know that South Beach is all about trends and cycles (unfortunately). As all of you know, now is the slow season here in Miami and South Beach and despite everything we were accomplishing, there was a limit on how many people we could draw especially in a club/bar like Lola which is so off the beaten path. So we chose to step back into the underground, regroup, set a new game plan, work on some new projects, and most importantly map out a new spot like Living Room (South Beach) or Nikki Beach starting in late Sept or early Oct. The reason for this is so we could put all our effort into putting our name out there during the peak season instead of peaking and then declining in the slow season. Know what I mean?

We want to shine when peak season comes so we could have a 5 to 6 month run instead of a 1 to 2 month run. We want to be the thing to do when everyone from out of town comes to visit our beautiful city. We don't want to be the party that was. We want to be the party that is.

Obby

PS: Jimmy T informed me and invited me to the birthday party tonight so I may pass by if it is alright with everyone else.

Originally posted by musicislife

oh sorry, i thought you stopped because it was poorly promoted the music was lame & nobody went.

the few times that i went...i thought the music was reall good, decent priced drinks....no cover.....and when i would leave lola on friday it was pretty packed....i usually stopped at lola as a starting point for my night, and i always had fun and heard great beats being dropped....hope u guys bring it back....:D

We will definitely be back. The doors were left open for us which was greatly appreciated. Unfortunately there are corporate issues that we would like to resolve first which in the long run will only benefit EVERYONE. It called RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS.

Thanks for the support Matas. It's people like you that keep the vibe positive and make us want to return ASAP.

Originally posted by djobby

We will definitely be back. The doors were left open for us which was greatly appreciated. Unfortunately there are corporate issues that we would like to resolve first which in the long run will only benefit EVERYONE. It called RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS.

Thanks for the support Matas. It's people like you that keep the vibe positive and make us want to return ASAP.

Post it up when you do. Me and Nightstar will cruise by and check it out.