Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 8/18

weyes

I wanna do what that guy does in ther corona commercial.

He gets a beep from the office while he's on vacation somewhere in the Carribbean. He then proceeds (unflinchingly) to chuck the beeper in the ocean, watching it skim away, then takes a sip of some brewski :pint:

yeah, i know how to relax :tongue:

tanning is bad for you. besides, vic, you're naturally more tan than some of us ;) (see gmc's post above, then pay my father a visit, next time you're in nyc, to see what genes i got :laugh: .). and sheesh, if i could get rid of my "driver's tan" i'd really be a happy camper. i feel like an idiot :blank: .

i'm not in miami, i'm in dc..i'll be in miami in a coupla weeks.

i never really set out to get a tan before because as weyes mentioned the drivers tan, between that and walking to school and walking to classes, when i was working outdoors, and when i went swimming was more than enough to gimme a tan color with out even trying.

too much sun is bad for you, but i recall i read somwehere that a certain amount is actually beneficial and being cooped up in an office almost all day drives me crazy.

Originally posted by vicman

too much sun is bad for you, but i recall i read somwehere that a certain amount is actually beneficial and being cooped up in an office almost all day drives me crazy.

the sun is good in moderation (something about vitamin d, i think?) but the ozone layer has really gotten depleted so much that the sun is more harmful than it used to be. what i meant about tans, though, is that actively pursuing one isn't healthy. and, hey, besides the health/cancer risks, it makes one age faster and get wrinkly before one's time :tongue: .

and yeah, gmc, my left arm is tan and the rest of me is pale by comparison :no: ! i put sunscreen on my arms now, but the damage has already been done :nopity: ...