Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 8/20

weyes

ah... i was talking to my co-worker today, the one who didn't know the order of the months of the year. he wanted to know the differences between republicans and democrats, which parties bush and clinton belong to, if communists get arrested in the united states, what communism is, if there are any female senators (may i remind you that he and i live in california; our senators are dianne feinstein and barbara boxer), if there are any black senators, "where in the u.s. the united kingdom's embassy is", and much more. i like answering these questions, because i like that he wants to know, finally, seeing as he obviously paid no attention whatsoever in school. but how does someone get to be 20 years old and be a conscious human being in general, without knowing any of that?

Originally posted by vicman

he mustve watched lots n lots of punky brewster growing up

that's the thing - he wouldn't know who she is, either. he also has no cultural literacy at all. it seriously seems as though he doesn't absorb a thing that goes on in the world around him. he knows a few recent movies and what he saw on tv this past year, maybe what jack in the box offers on its menu, that's about it. my new and only theory that satisfyingly explains it is that he might be from another planet :hey: .