Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How important is dancing to you?

I know we all love house/trance/techno (pick whichever applies to you) and love to go out to hear it...

... but how many of us really let loose and dance to it all the time?

Is dancing an essential complement to the music for you? Would you still love the music if you couldn't dance to it?

For me, the music and dancing go hand in hand when I'm out. I can't imagine one without the other... (listening at work is the only exception)

Originally posted by hoke

For me, the music and dancing go hand in hand when I'm out. I can't imagine one without the other... (listening at work is the only exception)

i completely agree :aright: i was listening to digweed on my way to work today and it was extremely difficult for me because i was restrained in my seat and couldn't move around and dance.... if i didn't want to get in an accident that is....

so yes... dancing is very important. :D

sometimes i feel that i could not stand listening to certain kinds of music if i wouldn't be able to dance to it, but i'm not sure. i cannot help but ACHE to dance when i hear quality music.

i dance in various ways to *all* sorts of music, though my "dancing style" may range from a head bob to thrashing around to a rhythmical bouncing to a pattern of steps (ie tango, waltz, salsa, etc).

therefore, music and dancing go hand in hand. i do not need to go out to dance, either. last night i danced from 10-12 pm to Digweed at this venue called 'Wideskies's Bedroom.'

i would love the music still if i couldn't dance to it, but i might not listen to it because it would HURT to feel so physically/emotionally restricted.

Originally posted by wideskies

i would love the music still if i couldn't dance to it, but i might not listen to it because it would HURT to feel so physically/emotionally restricted.

Well put. I think I would feel the same way. The music is MADE to move to, and that's where it touches me... To not be able to act on that would be like eternal foreplay with no release EVER... pure torture!

Then again, as I think of it, there have been many times when I was listening to music and couldn't dance, but IMAGINED myself dancing and still got very happy... I wonder if my imagination would grow and compensate for my physical restriction, or if it would really just get frustrating over time...

I agree, I can't listen to anything with a good beat and not attempt to move at least. Once that connection between music and dancing is made in your mind, I think it's almost reflexive, I sometimes do it without even thinking about it. I even caught my self bouncing to some beats at work and let's say sitting on the trading floor in a suit, it was a tad bit abnormal so now I have to restrain myself from listening to music so I don't start acting up again. :D

Music & Dancing is my life...I do not think i would be able to survive without either one of them...

Music & Dancing is my Medicine...they have helped me throughout my entire life...through all the good & bad times I have faced...they were always able to make me smile...and enrapture my soul with pure ecstasy...

Our Body is our instrument therefore we use it to express how we feel when we hear music...