Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bob Sinclair at Centro last night...INCREDIBLE!!!

Oh man...guys, gals...

You shoulda been there. I did not know Bob Sinclair had it in him! What a night, what a night. Pep where were you? Shouts to NYC420, Marshmellow, and Roby for sharing the experience.

Just when I though Howells kicked my ass, Emerson plays a superb set. Just as I recover from Emerson, Sinclair comes in.

For those of you who don't know, Bob Sinclair is a French house DJ. He was one of the pioneers of the French house sound...built it with Daft Punk, Ian Pooley, led to Modjo (and others...)

Sinclair came on around 1:15...and started creating the saavy soulful disco house that I know him for. For some moments, it seemed James Brown coulda been shakin his booty on stage. Soulful, beautiful vocals filled the air. Steve help me out, what was that track off of Little Louie Vega's cd?

After holding this theme for an hour or so, he started sneaking in some tribal rythms. It was gradually building, until before we knew it, he was bangin like Danny Tenaglia! He even worked in some rasta reggae rythms! It was incredible tribal...

He peaked with "Welcom To The Jungle" and the place went NUTS...I've never seen anyone pound the regular Centro crowd (Deep Dish was filled with us) so hard and have them react so well. From that point on...the night became more and more progressive...

Some notable tracks (from a bad trainspotter) included:

"I have a Dream"

"So Strong"

"Man With Red Face",

and others. From 3am onwards, it was what I call Phazon music.

What a night...not only did I hear the French disco stuff I don't usually get, but ended with some bangin' kickass Twilo tunes.

Wish you guys were there. Ted: you shoulda stayed!

I'm out...gonna be on vacation next week...

You guys say hi to Satoshi for me on Tuesday!

-Den

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

solid review dog!!!....wish i coulda made it but i have to sleep at least one day a week...

------------------

"i was the real star...just because his mother died he got all the attention...they even named the movie after his no acting ass" - quote from an unidentified rabbit on the set of bambi

Archived