Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Opie and Anthony

Originally posted by allishara

Did anyone hear whats going to happen??

I heard they might pull the plug! :eek::eek::eek:

Right now the show is in repeat episodes. Their producers were suspended until further notice. THere is a court casing pending on the matter of the couple that was in the church.....

this O+A thing is bullshit, Priests can fuck little alter boys in the back of church and nothing ever happens with them but O+A have a little contest that promotes sex in public and they get screwed. no one had to have sex in the church it was their own decision all O+A did was put it on the list of places. this would all have been blown over by now but the Catholic League needs to divert attention off their own PERVERTS INSIDE THE CHURCH AND SWING IT ON O+A FUCK them and their bullshit ways . maybe O+A would have been better if it were a guy FUCKING a little boy right their on the alter because in the eyes of the Catholic League that is ok.

sorry just venting i need my O+A on live again

STEVE

this O+A thing is bullshit, Priests can fuck little alter boys in the back of church and nothing ever happens with them but O+A have a little contest that promotes sex in public and they get screwed. no one had to have sex in the church it was their own decision all O+A did was put it on the list of places. this would all have been blown over by now but the Catholic League needs to divert attention off their own PERVERTS INSIDE THE CHURCH AND SWING IT ON O+A FUCK them and their bullshit ways . maybe O+A would have been better if it were a guy FUCKING a little boy right their on the alter because in the eyes of the Catholic League that is ok.

sorry just venting i need my O+A on live again

STEVE

The radio station has suspended them at least for this week. The Catholic League is calling for the removal of O&A as well as revoking WNEW's license.

The FCC is apparently really considering this based upon all the e-mails and phone calls they have received.

Catholic group muzzles shock jocks

August 20, 2002 Posted: 5:34 PM EDT (2134 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- In the almost-anything-goes world of radio, home to Howard Stern and Don Imus, a pair of New York shock jocks discovered what goes too far: sex inside St. Patrick's Cathedral.

Opie and Anthony, co-hosts of WNEW-FM's popular afternoon drive-time program, remained off the air for a second day Tuesday while a 350,000-member Catholic group pushed for their station to get its license revoked. The pair allegedly broadcast a live, eyewitness account of a couple having sex in the landmark Manhattan church.

"Nothing would make us happier than for WNEW's license to be revoked," said William Donohue, head of the Catholic League, which has also demanded a hefty fine for WNEW's parent company. The station is one of 180 owned nationwide by Infinity Broadcasting.

FCC Commissioner Michael Copps, saying he had received hundreds of outraged phone calls and e-mails, promised that the complaints were "on the fast track" for consideration by his agency.

If they prove true, he said, "this commission should consider the strongest enforcement action possible against this station, up to and including revocation."

The incident occurred last Thursday, when a Virginia couple was arrested after allegedly having sex in a vestibule just a few feet from worshippers in the church. The encounter was described as it happened during the "Opie and Anthony" show.

It was part of a regular feature where couples can win prizes for having sex in risky places.

Brian Florence, 37, of Quantico, Virginia, and Loretta Lynn Harper, 35, of Alexandria, Virginia, were arrested on charges of public lewdness. Show producer Paul Mercurio, 42, who called via cell phone and described their actions, was charged with acting in concert.

The Virginia pair was due back in court Wednesday. Their attorney, Miranda Fritz, has said they were only simulating sex.

Infinity, after allowing its DJs back on the air Friday afternoon, decided to remove Greg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia beginning Monday.

"We will continue to look into the matter," said Dana McClintock, a spokesman for Infinity Broadcasting, adding that "Opie and Anthony" reruns would air indefinitely.

The show is nationally syndicated in 17 markets outside New York City, including Cleveland, Dallas, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Washington, D.C.

Over the past decade, the standards for broadcasting have coarsened, led by the envelope-pushing antics of Stern, Imus and a legion of imitators.

But Opie and Anthony went beyond most. In 1998, they were fired from a Massachusetts station after announcing on April Fool's Day that Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino had died in a car crash.

Last year, ads for their program were yanked from 40 Westchester County buses after officials discovered that their "WOW" logo was a code encouraging women to doff their tops.

And two months ago, the FCC imposed a $21,000 fine on Infinity after citing three "indecent" bits that appeared on the show between November 2000 and January 2001, one involving incest.

Originally posted by notallthere

They probley will move to another radio station. This will make them bigger and more well known then ever.

this is very true

I don't know if I agree with people having sex ina church however, there are far worse things people can do.........................

Originally posted by allishara

Thank you Father 1500. ;)

And you don't think that's wrong? Even I wouldn't do that and you know me I'll do just about everything (not everybody though) atleast once!! I don't think I could have sex in a church but I did grab sergio's balls in church once!!!

IT'S AN O&A RALLY!!

Yeah, you heard right...Friday, August 23rd, 2002

Around 3pm, gather round on 57th and 7th, in the courtyard outside the Brooklyn Diner for a "SAVE O&A RALLY!!!

We don't know what the hell is it's going to accomplish, but it should be one hell of a farewell party!

Remember, Friday, August 23rd, starting at 3:00pm...

Let's see if we can save these two guys' jobs!

........This should be interesting!:eek: