Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Temps....!!!!!

Originally posted by drama

I would have to disagree - I think the majority was definitely HORRENDOUS and the minority was attractive. I just think that the crowd is getting a bit tacky - it seems that people are coming out of the woodworks trying to experience TEMPTS when in reality anyone that was a regular back in the day knows that the Ultimate Vibe - the feeling that brought this place its recognition - is not the same...

For me - the time and feeling has passed.....

It will never be the same again...

I know what you mean. There are certain places that you go and you expect a certain type of crowd and know what the vibe is going to be..... Eventually you "grow" out of it, but go back to get the feel. Even though you'll still have fun and enjo yuorself, it's just not the same.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to disagree - I think the majority was definitely HORRENDOUS and the minority was attractive. I just think that the crowd is getting a bit tacky - it seems that people are coming out of the woodworks trying to experience TEMPTS when in reality anyone that was a regular back in the day knows that the Ultimate Vibe - the feeling that brought this place its recognition - is not the same...

For me - the time and feeling has passed.....

It will never be the same again...

Dont take this the wrong way but....Im assuming your around my age 26-30?? Isnt it possible that, what your feeling now, was what people felt about us when we first started going? Maybe not us being horrnedous looking....How many generations talk less of the generations that came after theirs? To these younger more tacky people, the VIBE to them is what the Ultimate Vibe was too you years ago....:confused:

What the hell do I know, I am just talking out of my ass this morning:laugh:

By the way, by no means do i think you are old if thats how it sounds:D

Originally posted by 3rdflfactoria

DAMM!!! Good thing I wasn't there this past weekend or I would have an 'ugly bastard' complex by now.

The countdown continues.........its only Wednesday...WHY??????

Tell me why???????

haha, really now, not sorry i didn't make it down last weekend either

i don't think it's shallow not to want to see someone in a denim skirt and half shirt with her belly hanging over the waistband

if you're big, dress accordingly, don't scare the sh*t out of people

it's Thursday now so we're all getting cloooossser

YaY for payday

Originally posted by pandora1305

haha, really now, not sorry i didn't make it down last weekend either

i don't think it's shallow not to want to see someone in a denim skirt and half shirt with her belly hanging over the waistband

if you're big, dress accordingly, don't scare the sh*t out of people

it's Thursday now so we're all getting cloooossser

YaY for payday

I never understood why people try to fit into clothes taht are like 3 sizes to small......:confused:

Originally posted by jp18

Dont take this the wrong way but....Im assuming your around my age 26-30?? Isnt it possible that, what your feeling now, was what people felt about us when we first started going? Maybe not us being horrnedous looking....How many generations talk less of the generations that came after theirs? To these younger more tacky people, the VIBE to them is what the Ultimate Vibe was too you years ago....:confused:

What the hell do I know, I am just talking out of my ass this morning:laugh:

By the way, by no means do i think you are old if thats how it sounds:D

I see what you are saying and yes I can agree to an extent - I am sure that the older crowd years ago probably thought we were idiots and I am sure the people that are there now in full force probably feel some what of what I felt, but I think anyone would agree with me that the whole club scene has just become too commercialized - I mean to the point where it has just taken away from the whole scene. Years ago - you would NEVER hear a popular song in the clubs on the radio. I am aware of the fact that I am pretty much over all of this, but I just beleive that things are changing and it is not for the better. Let's face it - the whole club scene is pretty much the hype of this era - starting all the way down to 14 year olds. It is much more common now with EVERYONE then it was years ago.

Don't get me wrong I know that there were still quite a few people that started out very young, but it was not the thing to do with all kids that age - most of them were at high school parties drinking beer and maybe smoking pot - now everyone is at raves or clubs taking pills and doing K ......I just felt it was more fun to go somewhere that was different and you felt like you were in your own world - now it just seems that it is just the thing to do because everyone does it.

Just my opinion

Originally posted by jpdd810

:eek:

Actually I think fat girls just really believe they are skinny. After walking into tempts or surf though the won't be back til next summer when they lose 30lbs!! :eek:

I agree - I truly beleive that some people see something completely different in the mirror. I mean if you are 30-35 poounds overweight - you should NOT be wearing skin tight shorts rammed up your ass..........I am sorry but that is just WRONG!!!

wow. people are just so harsh today... hehehe.

i do agree with the big girls in small clothes thing... i'm a size 1, myself, but i know if i was a size 8 (or bigger), hell no, i wouldn't be wearing what some of these girls are wearing... perhaps they do think they're skinny (call it a sad denial, if you will) or perhaps it is possible to attract a guy (maybe a big fat guy) that would enjoy that kind of thing... everyone has different tastes, you know.

in terms of the vibe... maybe i'm one of these freaks that no one likes at clubs. i only started going to tempts this summer--i'm new to the scene... but what's wrong about that? i like to go, enjoy the music, dance, and maybe meet really awsome people and make some good friends. what's the harm?

Originally posted by ysolt

i do agree with the big girls in small clothes thing... i'm a size 1, myself, but i know if i was a size 8 (or bigger), hell no, i wouldn't be wearing what some of these girls are wearing... perhaps they do think they're skinny (call it a sad denial, if you will) or perhaps it is possible to attract a guy (maybe a big fat guy) that would enjoy that kind of thing... everyone has different tastes, you know.

in terms of the vibe... maybe i'm one of these freaks that no one likes at clubs. i only started going to tempts this summer--i'm new to the scene... but what's wrong about that? i like to go, enjoy the music, dance, and maybe meet really awsome people and make some good friends. what's the harm?

No harm at all. There was a time when everyone here was new to Tempts. We weren't born Tempts Veterans. :) Just go out and have fun.

Originally posted by ysolt

I don't think you were the type that Drama or I were refering too... Being new to the scene is different than being into the scene because it's "cool"...............

If you are going out to have fun and meet people, than by all means go for it.:D

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I don't think you were the type that Drama or I were refering too... Being new to the scene is different than being into the scene because it's "cool"...............

If you are going out to have fun and meet people, than by all means go for it.:D

I go because I try to be cool. Doesn't work though.:D

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Exactly!!! Thank you sweetie for knowing what I meant!

Hey everyone has to be new some time or another and I agree with that .....

There are too many people that go because it is the thing to do...

These are the people that would bash the same place if that was cool too...

Exactly!!! Thank you sweetie for knowing what I meant!

Hey everyone has to be new some time or another and I agree with that .....

There are too many people that go because it is the thing to do...

These are the people that would bash the same place if that was cool too...

Great minds think and party alike... lol Just ask Tempskid!!!!!!:laugh2:

temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......temps

:dj::party: :party: :party:

Originally posted by endurance

temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......temps......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......headliner.......temps

Just a bit excited....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!