Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So, I just had a twinkie for breakfast.....

vicman

Originally posted by shlongus

GOOD I WONT BE THE ONLY ONE WITH A THONG ON THE BEACH.....HMMMM WHAT TO EAT...... WHAT TO EAT????? LEFT OVER CHINNESE WITH ARIZONA ICE TEA.....SOUNDS GOD.......I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT SUSHI

why are you looking thise way for your chineese? i mean c'mon it would take me over an hour to drive all the way up there. grab some mickey d's

Best grits I've ever had were at a small restaurant in Brooklyn. Mmmmmm... cheese grits. Don't ever ask for cheese on your grits down south cause they'll look at you like you're from Mars (or a Northerner)!

The Shrimp and Grits at Vidalia are excellent too. Expensive, but oooh sooo good. Damn, now I'm getting hungry.

Originally posted by lobster1981

what the hell is grits?

damn lobster, you really want to knwo what the hell are grits dontcha?

1) What are grits?

Grits are made from the milling of corn kernels. The first step in the process is to clean the kernels; then, the grains are steamed for a short time to loosen the tough outer hull. The grain kernel is split, which removes the hull and germ, leaving the broken endosperm. Heavy steel rollers break up the endosperm into granules, which are separated by a screening process. The large-size granules are the grits; the smaller ones become cornmeal and corn flour.

5) Are grits good for you?

Yes! Grits are high in iron and have no fat and no cholesterol. They are also high in carbohydrates and have several B vitamins, including Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, and Folate. See our Product Details page for more information.

• Quick Cheese Grits • Hearty Brunch Bake • Savory Baked Grits • Southern Scramble • Zucchini Griddle Cakes • Coco-nana Pudding • Fast & Hearty Breakfast Cereal • Baked Cheese Garlic Grits • Broccoli Cheese Grits • Baked Santa Fe Grits • Grits and Cheese Biscuits • Tamale Pie • Syrup 'N Bacon Grits • Creamy Dessert Mold • Orange Blossom Grits

Quick Cheese Grits

An easy side dish that's even faster than rice or pasta.

2 cups water

1/2 cup Quaker or Aunt Jemima Enriched Hominy Quick Grits, uncooked*

4 oz. Pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed

Dash of garlic powder (optional)

Paprika

Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and garlic powder; continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika

4 servings

Quick Cheese Grits

An easy side dish that's even faster than rice or pasta.

2 cups water

1/2 cup Quaker or Aunt Jemima Enriched Hominy Quick Grits, uncooked*

4 oz. Pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed

Dash of garlic powder (optional)

Paprika

Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and garlic powder; continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika

4 servings

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

did you find all of that information on grits.com Vic? :laugh:

haha, that IS an actual website...

:laugh:

i know, i know....i checked there first but didnt find a good decription of what grits were, or a good pic, just those pieces of hominy on the front page

bowl.gif

so i went to quakers site. ran a google search and those were the 2 first websites i got.

:laugh: