Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ANOTHER DRESSCODES IN NYC POLL (DO U Dress to impress?)

DO YOU PREFER A DRESSCODE IN NIGHLIFE?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU PREFER A DRESSCODE IN NIGHLIFE?

• YES (I like da bling bling, keep the scrubs out)
    • Hell NO (It's all about the music..who gives a fuck how you look)
    • Who cares..(Pass the nachos)

i work hard at the gym and try not to eat like shit so it's nice to be dressed, but don't want to spiff every night

some nights/venues are jeans, vans and a bandana on my head

whatever

it's good there are enough different places to go and do whatever

Originally posted by carrera69

i work hard at the gym and try not to eat like shit so it's nice to be dressed, but don't want to spiff every night

some nights/venues are jeans, vans and a bandana on my head

whatever

it's good there are enough different places to go and do whatever

I'll go wid dat homie!

Looks are a personal thing...

Music is for EVERYBODY!

(But thank god some places

keep certain some"bodies" contained)

BTW: Please for the love of god

don't post your abs as your sig though..

ok big boy!

Thanks!~;)

M

U

G

Z

my my my how times have changed...qwest and i used to wear suits, silk shirts, etc to the clubs because they were ALL dress to impress back then...but maybe we were different cuz we didnt give a shit...and still dont...you can move and sweat in almost anything...shit, even a tux...there's always dry cleaning or an excuse to go shopping again....

i like the fact that you can go out one night in jeans and sneakers while throwing on the designer gear the next...what i dont like is the development of a relationship between gear and sound...it was not as prevalant years ago...but here we are...it flat out stinks...but since i'm comfortable with either or i could care less...i'm going to hear the music whether it be in shorts and a t-shirt or my Ck/DKNY/KENNETH COLE/etc outfit...

funny thing about all this is I think some people think dress to impress is in relation to "image" and what others think...maybe that's tru but back in the day, it was about self-image...it was about self-respect...you wouldnt go out without a clean shave and a nice newly pressed outfit...it was a reflection of how you viewed yourself...old fashioned indeed...but it was what it was and part of me has not let that go...for better or for worse...

i personally think that everyone should have the ability to dress up if necessary. i dont have a problem with dress codes...because sometimes ur not in the mood to get all sweaty and sloppy.

now..there is no way in hell im wearin pants and an armani sweater to arc ...but if im goin to somewhere like groovejet or one of the trendier lounges im def. gona get dressed up.

U gota learn how to assimilate (as sad as it may sound) , because if u dont u miss out on what could b a dope party.

Originally posted by reenichole

it all depends on where im going if the venue i choose to to i'll get dress up,but its so different for guys than it is for girls guys just throw on slacks and considered it dressed but for a girl you have to throw on heels and you can't dance :mad:

Actually I think it's usually the opposite... at most "dress up" clubs it's a lot easier for women to get away with a lot more than men do... some places won't let guys in w/jeans or sneakers, but I could wear both, paired with a flashy top, and it's no problem getting in.

Anyhoo... dress to impress clubs definitely have their place... as already said, the djs at the snootiest clubs are usually not exactly top-notch, but the patrons are generally too clueless to realize this... instead being more preocuppied with hanging with the It crowd, meeting other hipsters, or whatever the hell it is they do over there. Good- there are enough people crowding the few good establishments that are left!

How I dress on any given night depends on my mood, but I'd rather go somewhere I had the option of throwing on a pair of jeans and sneaks if I felt like it...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

U gota learn how to assimilate (as sad as it may sound) , because if u dont u miss out on what could b a dope party.

If it reads:

"DRESSCODE" On a door..

I aint coming in!

I don't "Assimilate"

or change who I am for

no one..no party

or no stupid NYC Lounge!

I don't care if Jesus himself

is spinning Unearthly music

that will turn everyone into saints...

(which is hardly ever the

case with "dresscode"