Clubplanet Nightlife Community

that *n sync ad for chili's makes me so sad

weyes

every time i see it, i just get a little lonely sad2.gif .

i mean, here they are, stranded on a desert island, and all they can think about are their girls back home. how sad is that :cry: ?

it's sad, too, 'cause *n sync does not need the money (from doing an ad) that badly.

and how sad is it that i can't get it out of my head?

i want my baby back

i want my baby back

...ribs.

:laugh: :laugh:

i havent seen the commercial...but they are now doing commercials for chili's? damn, they must be getting desperate.

in fact i just saw in the news that one of them was going up to the space station...what kind of baloney is that?

you haven't seen any commercials for chili's ever? man, i've seen commercials for them for years. maybe there are just more of their restaurants out here. they've been running the *n sync one for months. you haven't seen the one with the animated cave paintings and the voiceover of cavepeople chanting "boneless," either? chili's scares me now.

i've seen chili's commercial tons of times...maybe i'll start seeing them again when footbal season starts, i just havnet been watching almost any tv at all as of late, but i havnet seen the n'sync one..there are some chilis here in dc, not as many as i used to see in tampa though.

i went to chilis like a month ago. i loved their fries.

Originally posted by vicman

[b i havent seen the commercial...but they are now doing commercials for chili's? damn, they must be getting desperate.

oops - i'm sorry; i thought you meant "they" as in the collective "chili's" they. as in chili's are now doing commercials? they must be getting desperate. pardon me, you totally made sense :) !

Originally posted by weyes

oops - i'm sorry; i thought you meant "they" as in the collective "chili's" they. as in chili's are now doing commercials? they must be getting desperate. pardon me, you totally made sense :) !

oh i see, i meant "they" as in n'sync :D

Originally posted by gmccookny

Hahhahahaha :laugh:

I was totally thinking about this the other day :D

Now what's next... Backstreet Boys do Burger King (and play a 5-on-1 game where Shaq takes them to skool ) :laugh2:

yeah, i forgot about backstreet's burger king ad! was shaq in it, too? that was a long time ago, though. i think that was inbetween albums - before "black and blue" came out and when people thought that their time was up.

i finaally saw the commercial.

vegetating in front of the tv while recovering from a visit from my dear friend mr.fubar, i spent the whole day sunday watching tv, sleeping and eating chex mix in preparation for tenaglia later that eveni g, i finally saw the n sync commercial

Originally posted by vicman

i finaally saw the commercial.

vegetating in front of the tv while recovering from a visit from my dear friend mr.fubar, i spent the whole day sunday watching tv, sleeping and eating chex mix in preparation for tenaglia later that eveni g, i finally saw the n sync commercial

and?

it really makes me sad every time. if only it'd just be cut right before they all turn their heads sharply and say, "ribs." if it were a music video for a song, i'd say it'd be a good one - one like music videos used to be, back in the 80s, when they had concepts and were a thing of creativity, instead of just showing off asses (women's and men's) and marketing faces. i'll admit i haven't watched much of anything on mtv in the past 7 years or so, but i don't think i need to to say it ain't what it used to be. at best, videos are production numbers.

but backstreet's video for "show me the meaning of being lonely" was genius, and for simple reasons. seriously breathtaking. if you think i'm kidding or disagree, just say so :) , and i'll tell you my feelings about it, 'cause that video gets me every time --- wow :eek: .