Clubplanet Nightlife Community

danny in the hamptons

What a musically RICH nite with mama... after playing on the hamptons scene and vowing to 'work with what we have out here,' lol, danny threw down what was almost a full-on classics nite! Too many tracks to remember all absolutely bangin'. But really one can expect no less from this humble, talented human being... He made a dedication to Aaron Swank and 'ghb is the devil' - then proceeded to play a 'message' from his dj friend passed on to the other life - 'message in a bottle'.

The club experience outside the musik was nothing short of... terrible. There were a handful of familiar faces, but a LOT of rude disrespectful boys and girls out to get drunk and be loud. Not a fun crowd. Got one or two 'excuse mes' from a couple of folks when bumping into us, but for the most part it was too crowded and the people too careless to bother. Even the crowd at factory, lol, is like a welcoming family compared to being smushed into a tiny space with a lot of those peeps.

I must say that being able to dance outdoors was a plus though. There actually was some room to dance and it was refreshing to be out in the open air. However the musik could have been louder outside. I could not IMAGINE how this event could have happened without that outdoor section being open!

I wish I had skipped the FIFTY DOLLAR admission and just bought tix to fly down to miami tonite! :(

Indeed musically it was ON!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was going to be chaos with the crowd........which it was. However, Danny was dropping bombs and I was as happy as could be. I wish I coulda stayed longer.......got dragged out around 6ish and it was still jammed!! Wonder how late it went? Knew a lot of familiar faces......some which didn't really belong in there.......but beggers can't be choosers. By the way I thought the sound was great inside on the dancefloor........shit was pumping or was it just me?

basically spun a Classics night. The crowd was messy and packed, and unfortunately most were not there for the musik. A lot of "Danny tracks" and were easily recongnizable, here are a few:

- Touch Me (he opened with this, I knew the musik would be great)

- Walking on Fire, Evolution

- A Bit Paranoid, Different Gear

- Stop Foolin Around

- Spin Spin Sugar (oldie but goodie), Armand Van Heldan

- Finally, Kings of Tomorrow

- Message in a Bottle (thank you Aaron)

- Walking into the Sun, Weekend Players

- Lady. Cuba Computers

- What I Want, Marisa Turner (I was in heaven)

- Dream On, Depeche Mode

This was my 1st and LAST experience with the Hamptons party scene, but for the numerous bad experiences, Danny dropped continuous hits to counter-act :hat:

BTW: I only paid $40...but still too much for that place, IMHO

Even with the comp, I didnt have the best time....

The crowd was confused and no one was goin nuts like i usually do and see when i party with danny...

The music was classic... nothing amazing... just classic :-)

I heard alot of people bitch about the $50 admission, shit, i would bitch too!

by 2:30 the FLOOR WAS COVERED IN BEER BOTTLES...shit that was soooooooo annoying, and made it a bitch to dance.

Well... im about to grab a cab to space.... b back in nyc tomorrow, will update you all.

B-yRsLf... or go somewhere else :-)

LuV

RaZ