Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First time in London

Traveling to Europe for the first time and will be in London Friday and Saturday night. Suggestions on where to go? Here in NJ/NY I listen to dj's such as Jonathan Peters at Sound Factory and Junior Vasquez at Exit. Anything I should know specifically about clubs in London, like searching policies, covers and such.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

This weeken 9/6 and 9/7. Not really into the rave scene, but definitely somewhere where there are hard beats playing and everyone is dancing. I can imagine the music is a bit different, but here I like listening to progressive/tribal styles. Also, can't really do anything to hard into the morning hours to have some energy to get to know the city Saturday and Sunday :)

Thanks for your help.

From another message I saw places like Heaven, The Cross, Ministry of Sound, Pacha, Fabric, etc.

Turnmills is the best club in London so i would go there on the Friday,check out there site they have Hernan Cateneo playing,not the best lineup they have had but it's still gonna be better than anywhere else.

turmills

On the Saturday i would probably go to Fabric,they play tech house there and they have Laurent Garnier and Craig Richards on that night.

fabric

The other ones you mentioned,avoid Ministry at all costs,Heaven is host to Gatecrashers monthly residency but that was last week with Paul Van Dyk.I think while your there it is a Subliminal sessions preview party at Pacha but i'm not sure what this club is like.The other that might interest you is Prologue at the Cross,they have a pretty proggressive linup for the night you are there,check out the site for listings.

The Cross

I'm sure Bigpoppanils will have somthing to add,but i'm certain when he posts he will say Turnmills.:D

Originally posted by starshaped

I'm sure Bigpoppanils will have somthing to add,but i'm certain when he posts he will say Turnmills.:D

:aright:

ps: TURNMILLS!!!! TURNMILLS!!!! TURNMILLS!!!

9/6

Hernan Cattaneo, Ariel, marco Lenzi,

Steve Lee, Jason Bye.

>>>>Room 2:

Alfredo (Space), El Niño, Martin Morales,

plus live percussion.

>>>>Room 3: Live Brazillian Samba.

9/7 Proloque at the Cross: Cass, Ashley Caselle

9/7 The End: Layo & Bushwacka, ATFC

Dress codes will probably be quite smart,check the sites it will be on there.I've never been to the clubs in question but searches will be the usual pat down you get anywhere.

Cant help you on the Thursday nighters,don't think there's any well known big nights only Bedrock but thats not on when your here.

for Turnmills...you can get away with jeans and sneakers (nice looking though....like puma/vans/airwalk) but get there early before they get aggressive with the dress code

fabric is similar, but a little less strict (no sportswear though)

turnmills may let you take in a camera....its come and go (if you cant take it in, you can leave it with the front desk and get it back later)...you may not even be searched but don't count on it

no clue about the cross

:)

search policy, always better to be safe than sorry.

I have only ever been searched at Camden Palace but ALWAYS recommend you put anything you don't want them to find in your underwear.

search policy tends to get worse as you go north.