Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did Anyone See....

mrmatas2277

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

history channel last night around 9 pm?? they had a special on the World Trade Center, "The Day the Towers Fell." a very good special, with the photographers that were there taking the pictures....just wondering if anyone caught it?:confused:

Actually, I did see it Jess... I can't believe it's been a year already. :( Those people (photographers/historians) had a super tough job though....trying to collect pieces of history while people were trying to look 4 loved ones and belongings. Did you see that lady that worked on the 100 and something floor of the second tower hit that found her briefcase with all her documents and her pop tarts...intact?!?! Crazy huh???

Super interesting special though....if any of you can catch it when (if) they play it again...I recommend it!

I saw most of it last night and was a bit disturbed when I saw the pictures ..

they also had a special on MTV about the effect 9/11 did on pop culture, which has yet to show ...

the one artsist that has dedicated songs to the disaster is Bruce Springsteen in his new album which got rave reviews .. 5 stars by most of the media and magazines .. I plan on buying it

Originally posted by digital7

I saw most of it last night and was a bit disturbed when I saw the pictures ..

the one artsist that has dedicated songs to the disaster is Bruce Springsteen in his new album which got rave reviews .. 5 stars by most of the media and magazines .. I plan on buying it

I have to agree with you there DAnny...some of the pictures and oral history reports from the people there made my eyes mist up too.

I actually hadn't heard the Bruce Springstein song until last night when on CH.6 (I think it was 6 anyways, not sure now) I caught the last part of a Special on Flight 93 and they played his song as they flashed the passengers pictures on tv...very emotional also.

This is just the beginning of specials on 9/11....I'm sure regular TV programming is going to be pretty much at a stand still next Wed. while the US remembers.......