Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sept. 11th, 2002 - what will you be doing ??

i was just curious as to how everyone is preparing for this coming september 11th ?? will you be working, attending memorials, going about the everyday as usual ??

i know i'll be wearing red, white and blue that day to celebrate my country, i think i may also try to attend a mass.

how about you guys ??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by barbiegirl

i was just curious as to how everyone is preparing for this coming september 11th ?? will you be working, attending memorials, going about the everyday as usual ??

i know i'll be wearing red, white and blue that day to celebrate my country, i think i may also try to attend a mass.

how about you guys ??

I didnt really want to think about it....I like your red, white, blue idea...as well as the mass...

I will be working, too.

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

ill be working which sucks.

not that im looking for a day off but i cant believe the biggest tragedy that ever happened in this country and it isnt made into a holiday. I think there should have been a day of observation made and memorial services on Tv and all.

i'm actually glad i'll be working - if i wasn't here keeping busy i would probably be home watching tv and seeing that day happen all over again - cause you know they are going to show that plane flying into the towers over and over and over and it would make me crazy.

i'm actually glad i'll be working - if i wasn't here keeping busy i would probably be home watching tv and seeing that day happen all over again - cause you know they are going to show that plane flying into the towers over and over and over and it would make me crazy.

i dont havbe that probelm i dont watch TV although i got to hook my dish up this weekend my one and only show is coming on The Sopranos

i dont havbe that probelm i dont watch TV although i got to hook my dish up this weekend my one and only show is coming on The Sopranos

i don't watch it too often either but i have "morbid curiousity" so i know if i was home i would tune in.

SOPRANOS - i just ordered HBO yesterday

i can not wait .... it's been too long !!!

Originally posted by njdionysus

I think I'll be taking the day off to take my girl, one of my best friends, (who use to work on the 86th floor of Tower 1) any damn place she wants to go and do whatever she wants! Its all about her next week, especially on 9/11.

you're a good man njdion !!!!

was she there last year and got out alive ??

OH MY GOD, that must have been horrible for her

There is talk of making 9/11 a National Holiday

No work No School Banks POst Office etc closed.

They were saying since it was the largest tragedy that our country has ever suffered and they want to memorialize and pay respects to everyone that died "for our country"

Originally posted by kostaP

They were saying since it was the largest tragedy that our country has ever suffered and they want to memorialize and pay respects to everyone that died "for our country"

they should make t a holiday. I am sure there is barely anyone in this area who doesnt have some close cnnection to the events of the day.

I think ill just be thanking God for everyone i know who was there before and after and survived.

I cant believe my comapny made ths big thing up to put in our cafeteria on how we sent over our products to help the relief efforts of WTC. We make friggin chewing gum how the hell does chewing gum help the relief.

I will be in work all day, but that night I am def going to go to mass. My father used to work in tower 2, but was outside getting a cup of coffee at the time the first palne hit, so he got very lucky to not get hurt at all. His company( Lehman Brothers) only lost one or two people I think. I know that for him going into the city for work next wednesday is gonig to be very very hard. I am thinking of going into the city after work to pay my respects...I am surethere will be memorials held all day down by gound zero. Everyone be safe and remember to say a prayer next wednesday for all of those who truly did not deserve what happened to them; and also for their families who ahve to live with this everyday.:(

you're a good man njdion !!!!

was she there last year and got out alive ??

OH MY GOD, that must have been horrible for her

Yea she worked 3 floors below where the first plane struck Tower 1. Her entire office made it down 84 flights of stairs. Two of her co-workers carried a woman who was in a wheelchair all the way down, they were all on Oprah last year.

Originally posted by kostaP

Nice i need a day of from work.

everyone would like a day off but I think this should have more meaning than just a day to stay home

I feel horrible that people died. But people die everyday everywhere. I'm so sick of phonies pretending they care because its like the "in" thing to do. I'm going to be dead honest I want it to be a holiday for a day off. and sept 11th hasn't effected me in anyway. Oh and I was working in the Manhattan the day it happened and I have been to the site many times on the way to work at my old job. I didn't know anyone who died in the world trade center so i am not going to pretend I feel bad because I don't,

Originally posted by notallthere

i am not going to pretend I feel bad because I don't,

so basically anything tragic could happen to anyone anywhere and as long as it doesn't affect you DIRECTLY, you won't care or feel bad ??

well geez, that's a really shitty way to think !!

so basically anything tragic could happen to anyone anywhere and as long as it doesn't affect you DIRECTLY, you won't care or feel bad ??

well geez, that's a really shitty way to think !!

i agree with that. something thats kinda close to home is a bit disturbing. didnt know anyone there but at the time i was taking the train to work. sept 12th there were 4 of the normal 100 or so on the platform. some of the people i spoke to daily never returned so i feel bad for all of the people