Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do guys

sweetie029

Originally posted by hoke

I don't think people are really taking the time to consider what tastey's saying...

On the one hand, shouting stuff at girls IS disrespectful, and I'm sure it does bother them some.

At the same time, there has to be a sense of satisfaction in being able to say, "Oh, I hate it that I get hit on all the time, just because I'm so pretty!" And how many women wear clothes that ENCOURAGE this behavior, knowing FULL WELL what they're getting into? I've known plenty of girls like this. Hell, I dated one for two years. As much as she complained about being hit on, there was NO WAY she was going to change her clothing to make all that ATTENTION go away!

I'm not saying this applies to ALL women, but there are PLENTY that it does apply to.

VGM: I've been approached like that (well, had my ass grabbed at a party) and I *was* annoyed... but I was also flattered by the attention.

As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle...

I understand your point...BUT just because a girl wears tight fitting jeans she should go out & expect to be harrassed ? :confused: A person should be able to express themselves however they desire (this happens through style) THERE IS NO EXCUSE for that kind of behavior...there's a different between flattery and straight up rudeness..Of course a girl loves attention..but at some point there is a line drawn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

<snip>

good post velvet, yet i was saying nowhere that what these guys are doing is "cool" or "appropriate". i was more ranting about this general thing that every more or less hot woman complains about getting hit on, with which *i* am finished. i just can´t hear it any more as it is just plain obvious bragging most of the time.

think of a guy that *COMPLAINS* about girls hitting left and right on him, that they constantly tell him how much they´d want to get into his pants, etc.. how would you react to such a guy? what would you think why he does say that? you don´t have to answer as the answer is obvious and the whole thing is just a cheap shot.

Originally posted by sweetie029

I understand your point...BUT just because a girl wears tight fitting jeans she should go out & expect to be harrassed ? :confused: A person should be able to express themselves however they desire (this happens through style) THERE IS NO EXCUSE for that kind of behavior...there's a different between flattery and straight up rudeness..Of course a girl loves attention..but at some point there is a line drawn

Well, knowing what you know about men, how could you expect to NOT be harrassed? You wear tight jeans KNOWING the consequences. If you really wanted to, you could make guys stop harrassing you by not wearing clothes that accentuate your physique. Not saying it's right, but that's the way it is...

I'm curious now... not passing judgement at all, mind you... what sort of expression are you making by wearing tight jeans?

both sides of this argument are correct.

When people dress for halloween they should expect the ghouls to haunt....should the ghouls haunt respectivly...of course...but ghouls will be ghouls. Can the costume bearers complain that when they put themselves in the haunting grounds of ghouls...yes..and no. What do we do then? Do we discontinue dressing up for halloween? naaa ...Do we get rid of the ghouls? what fun would halloween be without ghouls..so what do we do.

You cant train a ghoul not to haunt...well thats because its what ghouls do...can you teach fire not to burn?

:flame:

Another thing I'd like to point out...

Most of the guys that pull this shit are nasty and will yell out to anything on the street with two tits and a pussy...

So I hardly consider that a compliment...

AND I'd ALSO like to say- why the fuck CAN'T we wear tight jeans or a short skirt without having to be bothered by dickheads telling us they want to rip off our clothes? Give me a fucking break... we're supposed to be living in a society here not the state of nature, and some people just need to GROW THE FUCK UP.

Until you KNOW what it's like to be a woman who gets bullshit comments from losers on the street I suggest you don't PRETEND to know how it makes us feel- namely, disgusted, embarrassed, humiliated, like a piece of meat- oh yeah, that's the way I want to feel... :blank:

Well, knowing what you know about men, how could you expect to NOT be harrassed? You wear tight jeans KNOWING the consequences. If you really wanted to, you could make guys stop harrassing you by not wearing clothes that accentuate your physique. Not saying it's right, but that's the way it is...

I'm curious now... not passing judgement at all, mind you... what sort of expression are you making by wearing tight jeans?

Ehhh... I was gonna say something but I think my other post covered it well enough without having to start ranting...

Originally posted by tastyt

Ehhh... I was gonna say something but I think my other post covered it well enough without having to start ranting...

I'm not saying this applies to ALL women

Okay?

But... you didn't answer my question... I really am curious. Regardless of whether or not you get harrassed, what kind of expression are you making when you wear tight jeans? Why is it so important to you?

Fuck it, I'll start a new thread.

Originally posted by tastey

good post velvet, yet i was saying nowhere that what these guys are doing is "cool" or "appropriate". i was more ranting about this general thing that every more or less hot woman complains about getting hit on, with which *i* am finished. i just can´t hear it any more as it is just plain obvious bragging most of the time.

think of a guy that *COMPLAINS* about girls hitting left and right on him, that they constantly tell him how much they´d want to get into his pants, etc.. how would you react to such a guy? what would you think why he does say that? you don´t have to answer as the answer is obvious and the whole thing is just a cheap shot.

Point taken, and even though you said not to answer... guess what..! Guys and girls are different, which is why I said "if you're not gay and a GUY told you he wanted to rip your pants off, how would you feel?" If a girl said that, most guys would jump at that opportunity, unless the girl was a serious turn off. Guys and girls are in different positions, so you have to make the appropriate changes. I do know of situations where a girl constantly tells a guy how cool he is and how perfect she is, and the guy started complaining about that. Why? Not to get attention, but because that's all she would say! Sure, it's complimentry in the begginning, but when it's the same thing, without even a reason as to why she would feel that way, it got old. Does a guy change who he is, so girls would be less emotionally attracted to him? Now think of a girl who is physically attractive, getting annoying catcalls every day... not once in a while, but all the time... nothing meaningful, just "You're hot and I wanna fuck you!" I can imagine that getting old after not too long.

But, I think Hoke makes a good point, because truth does lie somewhere in the middle. Attention is good, but in inappropriate situations, it is bothersome as all hell.

ok here's my $2.00

why $2.00? because it's worth more than your fucking opinion.

That's right don't argue with me. I'm on a messageboard and i am the fucking kind/queen/It around these parts. Everything you say is wrong and everything i say is right.

My shit does not stink.

I am above your level.

If you reply to me i will seperate your post into individual quotes and then deconstruct your entire argument in bits and pieces, so as to appear that i know what the fuck i''m talking about even though i'm really just bitching about nothing intelligent in particular.

Failing that i will bash you for inadequate grammar, because i am lame and i lack a strong comeback.

If you get angry at me because i'm only telling you the True Way Of Life, I will grow embittered and broaden the issue at hand until it's large enough that i can argue about it somewhat successfully. I will hijack the thread if necessary and air all my problems wiith any individual directly here on the message board, then bitch consistently about how others should stay out and it's nobody's business.

Afterwards i will forget about this thread as if it never happened.

Okay?

But... you didn't answer my question... I really am curious. Regardless of whether or not you get harrassed, what kind of expression are you making when you wear tight jeans? Why is it so important to you?

Fuck it, I'll start a new thread.

You know what, I'm not even going to justify that question with a response. People should be able to dress the way they choose without being harrassed. Am I wrong for wearing tight jeans? No. Is someone yelling shit at me, embarrassing me while I'm walking down the street wrong? Yes. End of story. Do you ask the men who enjoy being assholes why they don't just stay in the house if they can't keep their fucking mouth shut??? Would you consider my case stronger if I listed incidents where I was not dressed "provocatively" and yet was still harrassed???

That's all I have to say on this because this thread has turned into complete bullshit.

Originally posted by cintron

ok here's my $2.00

why $2.00? because it's worth more than your fucking opinion.

That's right don't argue with me. I'm on a messageboard and i am the fucking kind/queen/It around these parts. Everything you say is wrong and everything i say is right.

My shit does not stink.

I am above your level.

If you reply to me i will seperate your post into individual quotes and then deconstruct your entire argument in bits and pieces, so as to appear that i know what the fuck i''m talking about even though i'm really just bitching about nothing intelligent in particular.

Failing that i will bash you for inadequate grammar, because i am lame and i lack a strong comeback.

If you get angry at me because i'm only telling you the True Way Of Life, I will grow embittered and broaden the issue at hand until it's large enough that i can argue about it somewhat successfully. I will hijack the thread if necessary and air all my problems wiith any individual directly here on the message board, then bitch consistently about how others should stay out and it's nobody's business.

Afterwards i will forget about this thread as if it never happened.

...hey...when's your new demo coming out?...we're all still waiting...

Also, recommendation for the girls:

When shit like this happens, try not to let it upset you. The answer to why are there guys like this out there is simple. Because there are. Instead of getting upset about, try and be amused by it. You have a couple of people making asses out of themselves right in front of you for your amusment! Plus, I'm sure there are plenty of things to balance out the bad. Someone giving you a nice compliment or a flirtive eye, letting you know that you look good. Try and find the humor in every situation, and you'll be a-ok.

You know what, I'm not even going to justify that question with a response. People should be able to dress the way they choose without being harrassed. Am I wrong for wearing tight jeans? No. Is someone yelling shit at me, embarrassing me while I'm walking down the street wrong? Yes. End of story. Do you ask the men who enjoy being assholes why they don't just stay in the house if they can't keep their fucking mouth shut??? Would you consider my case stronger if I listed incidents where I was not dressed "provocatively" and yet was still harrassed???

That's all I have to say on this because this thread has turned into complete bullshit.

Wow, did you even bother to read my post, or were you just looking for an excuse to vent?

<~~~ Convenient scapegoat?

I'm not saying it's right for them to harrass you.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you to wear tight jeans.

I'm just telling you: that's the way it is -- you can't make them stop, but you do have a choice in how to respond to it.

Anyway... why are you avoiding my question? You'll defend your right to wear tight jeans to the death, it seems, but you can't explain WHY you want to wear them?

Here: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=116337

HAH! sheesh i didn't even think anybody remembered i spun!

anyways ;) sorry dude. i have kind of lacked the motivation to do two summer mixes.. apparently i can't force myself to do more than one big mix each season...

but seeing as i'm looking at the tracks i'll be using for it, I don't think it'll be too far off:D

AND I'd ALSO like to say- why the fuck CAN'T we wear tight jeans or a short skirt without having to be bothered by dickheads telling us they want to rip off our clothes? Give me a fucking break... we're supposed to be living in a society here not the state of nature, and some people just need to GROW THE FUCK UP.

okay girl, theoretical situation:

let´s say i´m going to berlin, and the only hotel i could get was in a completely gay area. so, if i would put on my darkred leather pants i would EXPECT to get hit on and since i wouldn´t WANT that, i simply wouldn´t wear them (yes, i own such pants, no i´m not gay, and yes, i look pretty hot in em ;) ).

now i don´t say you shouldn´t wear "hot" outfits out on the street, actually i really enjoy the sight and like it if girls (those that i know and those that i don´t know) dress up, yet i tell you that you can EXPECT to get hit on if you look hot. and yes, there are some losers that shout stupid comments, however THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT IS. if you don´t want to deal with it, DON`T DRESS UP. same as the example with the gay area.

Umm, yeah I did read your post. I'm not answering your question because by answering it, it means there's a reason for it to be asked. In this context- I don't think there is a reason.

And as Sweetie and I both pointed out... you don't have to be wearing anything tight or revealing for guys to harrass you...

You keep bringing the harassment thing into this... forget about that... I really am curious what sort of self-expression is involved in wearing tight clothes. I'm not trying to prove any point related to this thread. That's why I started a new thread -- to take it out of this context.

Anyway... why are you avoiding my question? You'll defend your right to wear tight jeans to the death, it seems, but you can't explain WHY you want to wear them?

Here: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=116337

I know that I'm not the one this question was directed towards, but why does anyone where what they where? Comfort, or they like the way they look in the outfit, or there's a certain taste in clothes that they like. People want to look good, and yes, want attention for the way they look, or they want to stand out as an individual for how they dress, or they want to fit in with how they dress. Our society puts a lot of stock in images. So, if you like the attention, then enjoy it, if you don't like it, try not to let it get to you.

if you don´t want to deal with it, DON`T DRESS UP. same as the example with the gay area.

That's the thing. You don't have to be dressed up to get hit on. I've seen business women, in extremely corporate attire get hit on by sleazebags. I've worn skirts that come down to my ankles, and been hit on. There's no way to get away from it!

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

I know that I'm not the one this question was directed towards, but why does anyone where what they where? Comfort, or they like the way they look in the outfit, or there's a certain taste in clothes that they like. People want to look good, and yes, want attention for the way they look, or they want to stand out as an individual for how they dress, or they want to fit in with how they dress. Our society puts a lot of stock in images. So, if you like the attention, then enjoy it, if you don't like it, try not to let it get to you.

As I said in the other thread, my question is targeted at people who say that style is a form of self-expression... call it image if you will... in that case, women who wear tight clothes are trying to portray a specific image. I want to know what that image is, FROM A WOMAN'S PERSPECTIVE.

I find it amusing that tastyt is the only woman who's responded so far, and she didn't even answer the question...

now i don´t say you shouldn´t wear "hot" outfits out on the street, actually i really enjoy the sight and like it if girls (those that i know and those that i don´t know) dress up, yet i tell you that you can EXPECT to get hit on if you look hot. and yes, there are some losers that shout stupid comments, however THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT IS. if you don´t want to deal with it, DON`T DRESS UP. same as the example with the gay area.

I 100% agree with this comment. You can try to change each and every single person, but reality says, you're not going to. It's all a balance... catcalling from assholes vs looking good and dressing how you want to dress. Which is more important to you? Plus, as tastyt already said, she's been hit on when just wearing regular every day outfits. So, if you can't change people, and it doesn;t matter what you dress in, then you could try and change the way you look at it, or react to it. My advise: Carry around a fucking uzi, and mow down any and all motherfuckers that give you shit! Then, track them down and bludgen all of their friends and family to death, just in case they're all assholes too! That way you can be sure they'll never do it again.

That's the thing. You don't have to be dressed up to get hit on. I've seen business women, in extremely corporate attire get hit on by sleazebags. I've worn skirts that come down to my ankles, and been hit on. There's no way to get away from it!

..i would hit on you even if you were just wearing a brown paper bag...;)

Well, I don't think I said it was a form of expression...

Velvet pretty much summed it up, as to way people dress the way they do. Obviously people dress in a way they think will be flattering, and of course everyone loves the good kind of attention- no one's denying that. And I'm sure that most people realize they will prob. get unwanted attention as well- sometimes you can deal with it, other times it just gets out of control.

BTW Velvet, believe me, there have been many-a-times I wished I had a semi-automatic on my person... :rolleyes::biggun: