Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So what does everyone think of DJ Edgar V?

max3

NYC Roxy had a DJ showcase last friday. He came on to play like at 5:00am, and the security staff wouldn't let him complete his set for some strange reason...He just got to play for like 15 min. and had to stop before 5:30am when the club decided to close.

He was supposed to play til 7am.

What I heard of his set sounded like House/trance. Is that his style? This is the first time I heard him, which was not much at all...that's why I ask about his rep.:)

Originally posted by max3

NYC Roxy had a DJ showcase last friday. He came on to play like at 5:00am, and the security staff wouldn't let him complete his set for some strange reason...He just got to play for like 15 min. and had to stop before 5:30am when the club decided to close.

He was supposed to play til 7am.

What I heard of his set sounded like House/trance. Is that his style? This is the first time I heard him, which was not much at all...that's why I ask about his rep.:)

it's unfortunate you didn’t get to hear a complete set. peeps still go to roxy..j/k :D his style is more on the trance /tech tip, a bit like PVD. I have also heard him, throw down some sick house.. :cool:

I fell in love with trance the 1st time I heard Edgar spin at the opening nite of Space. WOW! And almost 3 years later, I can honestly say he has only gotten better. He puts on a musical experience and his mixes are always on time! He doesn't limit himself as a DJ because he loves so many different styles of music. And it shows when he spins. He enjoys himself when he is on the decks and the crowd feeds off of him! Go see him when ever you can, where ever you are - you will have a good time.

I went up to see him in WPB last Saturday for God's sake and surprising had a great time. His set was fun and funky and I danced my ass off. My feet still hurt and he ruined my friend's brand new shoes! And as expressed by soooooo many other CPer's - he is a great guy!

Trance-tech, that's good to know...thanx...well I went to the past 3 Fri.'s at da Roxy and it was fairly packed, the crowd is sumtimes unpredictable...they had a mixed crowd for this hot Body beach Party contest a few weeks ago, the there was "Johnny Vicious Returns( younger mostly teenage crowd) and "DMC Finals 2002(mixed)" ; and the DJ Showcase had mixed(many asians, some gays, ,mixed age group)....if Roxy was dead when you went...it is gaining some life now.:)

Originally posted by sobeton

it's unfortunate you didn’t get to hear a complete set. peeps still go to roxy..j/k :D his style is more on the trance /tech tip, a bit like PVD. I have also heard him, throw down some sick house.. :cool:

Nice to know he doesn't limit himself to one style, He's my type of DJ, now I really wish I heard more of him...So is Club Space his home base.....?

:cool:

Originally posted by tranzwhore

I fell in love with trance the 1st time I heard Edgar spin at the opening nite of Space. WOW! And almost 3 years later, I can honestly say he has only gotten better. He puts on a musical experience and his mixes are always on time! He doesn't limit himself as a DJ because he loves so many different styles of music. And it shows when he spins. He enjoys himself when he is on the decks and the crowd feeds off of him! Go see him when ever you can, where ever you are - you will have a good time.

I went up to see him in WPB last Saturday for God's sake and surprising had a great time. His set was fun and funky and I danced my ass off. My feet still hurt and he ruined my friend's brand new shoes! And as expressed by soooooo many other CPer's - he is a great guy!

EDGAR V is........THE MAN!!!

I remember going to a warehouse party in Hialeah called Therapy (thanks to GrooveRadio 107.1 :cool: ) I was able to get a copy of the flyer too: http://64.70.181.157/images/Th2.jpg

And Edagr V was spinning. WOW!!! That was my first encounter with him and I haven't looked back since! Anywhere he goes, I follow!

EDGAR V #1

go out and support him at Space on Fridays. and everywhere else he may be playing.

lets show why we think he is so talented and humble at the same time. hes not your typical "trance" dj. I wouldnt label Edgar with any genre of music. he plays enrgetic dance music touching up all styles:rock:

I've been a loyal Edagr V fan for a few years now and I have watched him grow as a person and as a DJ. I go to Speace everytime there's a big name DJ and when Edgar is spinning. Truthfully, I think his skills are at the same level as the headliners.

He's got skills! :eek:

and if he comes across this thread, which I'm pretty sure he will or already has, he must be thrilled!!!!with all ur positive comments:D

Originally posted by max3

Thanks for all ur replies. I see he's a well-established popular DJ in the area:cool: