Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MC's....for the love of cheetos...why?

MC's?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. MC's?

• Keep the mc's I dont care what the dj is playing "HOOOOOO!"
    • Hang the bastards by their microphones then beat them with glowsticks and bottled water while their still kicking.
    • Refuse to listen to any DJ that supports an MC.
    • I like being tortured...I normally listen to Yanni all day.

Can someone please explain to me why some schmuck has to yell "HOOOOO!!!" and "YEAH YEAH YEAH" in between every beat when a Dj decides to drop some breaks and or D&B?

Has this always been part of it?

IS there anything we can do to stop it?

I have an idea...

Say we allow the Mc's to have their fun and litterly puke upon the turn tables...but we have them placed in one of those clown dunkers where you throw a baseball at the target and it dunks them....but instead...for the Mc ...since he tourtures us with his babble and disgraces the beats...we replace the water with molten lava....and anytime anyone doesnt like the way the MC sounds....they can throw a baseball or two...

:flame:

An MCs job is to "bring up the crowd". Drum n Bass is significantly influenced by hip hop, and if you take a look at how MCs work at a hip hop show in terms of attitude, crowd relation, etc...you'll understand the mentality of why there's a necessity for DnB MCs.

Then again, I can't stand the majority of them...I think they're quite unnecessary.

And..you also assume most of this board knows what you're talking about... ;)

Originally posted by xpander

An MCs job is to "bring up the crowd". Drum n Bass is significantly influenced by hip hop, and if you take a look at how MCs work at a hip hop show in terms of attitude, crowd relation, etc...you'll understand the mentality of why there's a necessity for DnB MCs.

Then again, I can't stand the majority of them...I think they're quite unnecessary.

I can understand it perfectly for hip hop...quite enjoyable.

But for fast paced multi-layered D&B where the squaking nonsense muffles out the music...it simply baffles my ability to understand why...why should the dj even bother working the tables? why would any Dj let someone stain their creation?

. . . I don't have a problem with GOOD MC's . . however good ones are hard to find nowadays . . . A perfect example of BAD emceeing was at the final PS1 of the summer . . those chuckleheads were screaming profanities and dissing on beats other than hip hop while kids were running around in the crowd (this was earlier in the day, and people will bring their children to see the exhibits) . . . GOOD emceeing are the guys that Gregg Poole has flowing for him . . . now THOSE guys know how to throw down . . .

MCs belong on records but rarely live...even most of the good ones bring down the music rather than pump it up. On the other hand, a lot of tracks that have been produced lately (especially in my genre) are too drab to really be anything other than a piece for the MC to show off. This said, I still wouldn't mind working with an MC sometime, just to see how things go...

Ms.Menace *since im always nasty:tongue:*

How would you handle an irritating MC?

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

I was seriously going to post those exact words.

Conrad is amazing. Every other MC I've ever heard has been unimaginative and REALLY irritating

Originally posted by brickhouse

MCs belong on records but rarely live...even most of the good ones bring down the music rather than pump it up. On the other hand, a lot of tracks that have been produced lately (especially in my genre) are too drab to really be anything other than a piece for the MC to show off. This said, I still wouldn't mind working with an MC sometime, just to see how things go...

I was WAITING for that...;)

The only MCs that I have respect for right now are Conrad and Skibadee. Conrad has a great voice, and Skibadee...whether you love him or hate him, has RIDICULOUS skills the few times that I saw him.

Other than that, I can really care less about MCs. I read somewhere that "true Junglists" supposedly don't give a crap about the MCs and just get their kicks out of hearing the bassline and syncopated beats repeat overandoverandoverandover again. I'm no true Junglist, but that's pretty much what I want to hear.

*BOOM* *Tsk* *Tsk-ta-BOOM* *tsk-tsk* *Boom*

:drunk:

"true Junglists" supposedly don't give a crap about the MCs and just get their kicks out of hearing the bassline and syncopated beats repeat overandoverandoverandover again. I'm no true Junglist, but that's pretty much what I want to hear.